• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Acne

JDizzle

**** this stuff, im getting plagued by it. Over the face, on the neck, shoulders, upper back and just today on my friggen forearm

No im not juicing, but this started to become an issue when i started the heavy lifts. my testosterone was tested at 26mnol and i have a alot more aggression and drive, so i suppose it could be hormone related.
I was also losing my hair faster then a chemo patient lol, though i seemed to have halted that by taking saw palmetto/stinging nettle/emu oil/green tea/pumpkin seed oil/onion juice

Things im going to try

Start drinking shitloads of water
When i finish my current PPP cycle going to go on n00bs's detox plan for a few days
Maybe get off the milk

Make sure you keep your skin clean, exfoliate when in the shower with a loofah and use a toner to remove any excess dirt. Yes i know it sounds girlie, but believe me acne and pimples are only encouraged by oil and dirt...

**** this stuff, im getting plagued by it. Over the face, on the neck, shoulders, upper back and just today on my friggen forearm

No im not juicing, but this started to become an issue when i started the heavy lifts. my testosterone was tested at 26mnol and i have a alot more aggression and drive, so i suppose it could be hormone related.
I was also losing my hair faster then a chemo patient lol, though i seemed to have halted that by taking saw palmetto/stinging nettle/emu oil/green tea/pumpkin seed oil/onion juice

Things im going to try

Start drinking shitloads of water
When i finish my current PPP cycle going to go on n00bs's detox plan for a few days
Maybe get off the milk

Its mainly DHT.. Have you ever had it checked? Stinging nettle is best for that but you are already on it...

Im thinking there is a medicine that starts with Findersomething that alot of people start taking for hairloss acne and it ends up ****ing their hormones i see it all the time on the other foum im on So if u consider medication (you probably wont) do some research first...

How much stinging nettle are you taking?? BTW

The effect of nettle root on dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels has also made it a treatment for hair loss, as male pattern balding has often been linked to an excess of DHT, as has hair loss in women too. In folklore it was always believed that nettles were an effective treatment for baldness and modern science appears to validate this belief.

Nettle root extract was found to partially block 2 enzymes by researchers such as R. Hartmann. The first is 5-alpha-reductase that when combined with testosterone, produces DHT (dihydrotestosterone). DHT is the hormone responsible for androgenic alopecia hair loss. The second enzyme is aromatase, which makes estrogen. Combining nettle root extract with another herbal agent pygeum has been found to inhibit these two enzymes more effectively than either one alone. It was shown that nettle root extract had to be used at high dosages in order to effective whereas lower doses of pygeum worked well. Prostatonin, the combination product of nettles and pygeum have been used to treat BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy).
Studies by researchers JJ Lichius and others have shown a reduction in prostate growth in mice when large doses of nettle extract were taken orally. Combining nettle root extracts with saw palmetto berries in BPH patients reduced the amount of testosterone and estrogen. Conversely, it has been conjectured that nettles can block testosterone from binding to the sex hormone globulin, a carrier protein that binds testosterone and limits its bioavailability in the body. As a result, nettles have been called an aphrodisiac since it may help maintain testosterone levels.
Other uses of Nettles include treatment for arthritis, asthma, kidney, urinary tract infections, and last but not least, baldness.

testosterone%20pathway.jpg

As you can see if you reduce the 5a reductase enzyme then it will lead to less DHT..

Just remember DHT isnt an evil hormone though if your levels are above lab values then it would be a problem... You must have a wicked sex drive.

Last edited:
hey awesome graph

im inconsistant with the stinging nettle, might take it a few days then forget about it for a week.

3000mg caps with recommendation on the side of the bottle to take 3-4caps a day

saw palmetto is 3200mg equiv dry leaf caps. says take it once a day

sex drive is pretty epic, i practise sexual transmutation otherwise i just spiral outta control heh

thanks for your help

hey awesome graph

im inconsistant with the stinging nettle, might take it a few days then forget about it for a week.

3000mg caps with recommendation on the side of the bottle to take 3-4caps a day

saw palmetto is 3200mg equiv dry leaf caps. says take it once a day

sex drive is pretty epic, i practise sexual transmutation otherwise i just spiral outta control heh

thanks for your help

I have another one i loaded on the forum somewhere...

It showed what natural supplements block each process..I cant remember where i psotedit though. And its on an old hard driv..
Is it extract or leaf/root for nettle? Consistancy reaps benefits... You wouldnt trian once a month and expect to be better... Just remember that.

Last edited:
hey mate its this one
Herbal Supplies : Hilde Hemmes Herbals: Health Care Naturally

its leaf extract, not root. get on the root one?

I would go with the root.. Or at least a root extract plus root..

Because I am not sure if it is the extract that is good or a combinaiton of what is in both..

To explain this there was a study regarding green tea... Now certain things in green tea when extracted are too big to cross our cell membrane but there was other things in the green tea as a whole that acted as a detergent to break down the other part of the plant so it could be absorbed by us.. (if that makes sense, thing of dishwashng liquid on fat in the sink..)