• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

partners and self esteem issues

TrentZor

Would u date somebody out of your league?

ive seen alot of couples where the guy is below the female in terms of looks and he deliberatly resctricts her from wearnig the revealing clothes/going out and a few other activities (girls night out) just to keep her under control to help his self esteem and half the time miserable and insecure in the relationship.

Should he have not overstepped the boundaries (dating outside his comfort zone) in the first place?

Alot of couples i see who are in the same "league" seem very happy with each other and non insecurity issues.

p.s
This is just some of the social observations i think about when im bored .. lol

If the guy was out of the girls league and he didnt want her going clubbing would it still be a problem?

Maybe its not so much a restriciton for the reason you stated? But then i suppose it would be better to find someone with the same interests as you..

If my wife/partner/girlfriend was out clubbing i wouldnt be home when she came back..

wouldn't it be more of a trust thing, as appose to looks?

Well i suppose it comes down to the power.. and self esteem

"she is hotter then me she can have anyone im ugly and useless if she meets someone else she mightleave me for them"

Trust is incorporated into it but it isnt the key motivator that is the point..

Its more insecurities with yourself and possible feelings of abandonment.

How do you difine out of your league???

I don't think anyone is 'out of my league'

HAHAHAHA

Im k_21 bitch... control yoself!

Picture+12.png

"she is hotter then me she can have anyone im ugly and useless if she meets someone else she mightleave me for them"

pretty much sums up this topic.. :)

i know working out helps us with these insecurites but what about that fat guy working at macdonalds he would have a different point of veiw to most here

well I guess the relation ship is doomed, either way 1 of them is going to be unhappy - the dude because his missus goes out with out him so he worries OR - the chick because she isn't aloud to o out and doesn't feel trusted..

well I guess the relation ship is doomed, either way 1 of them is going to be unhappy - the dude because his missus goes out with out him so he worries OR - the chick because she isn't aloud to o out and doesn't feel trusted..

If she was happy at home she wouldnt feel the need to go out.

Thats why you need to find the right perosn for you not the perosn you think is right..

what if your missus said she didnt want you going to the gym because she wants you at home :)

what if your missus said she didnt want you going to the gym because she wants you at home :)

If we lived together i wouldntbe going to the gym i would have a rack at home... :p

Anyway my mrs comes to the gym with me.. So that isnt an issue.

Beauty fades, wise to choose someone you love to be around.

Lucky me, I got a beauty that I love to be around.

I also beleive it is about trust.

If they are your misses, girlfriend, wife, life partner what ever, they are in a commited relationship, and you would assume that they love, trust and respect you, for more than just how you look.. If not let them go, if they stray they were not worth it.

I dont mind my wife going out, its pretty rare now, Usually just a girls night, b'day, baby shower etc, She usually comes home in a really good mood which is also a bonus.

I also go out occacianally, have a few drinkies, as long as i dont make an ass of myself she doesnt mind..

I like to encorage my wife to dress up, flaunt what you got etc, makes people wonder what I have, to have her.

If she was happy at home she wouldnt feel the need to go out.

Thats why you need to find the right perosn for you not the perosn you think is right..

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying here.

Having a partner does not mean you stop having a social life / doing things without your partner. If I was with someone who expected me to stay with them / at home all the time I would quickly be making myself single again.

As far as the OP goes attractive people can be insecure and jealous as well. It's an individual issue. Personally I am a pretty jealous person, I simply keep it inside my head because I know it is largely irrational and selfish.

Having said that I believe you should be happy with yourself/situation before adding another person to the mix. If you aren't happy with how your own life is going the addition of more responsibility and another persons problems won't make things much easier.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying here.

Having a partner does not mean you stop having a social life / doing things without your partner. If I was with someone who expected me to stay with them / at home all the time I would quickly be making myself single again.

As far as the OP goes attractive people can be insecure and jealous as well. It's an individual issue. Personally I am a pretty jealous person, I simply keep it inside my head because I know it is largely irrational and selfish.

Having said that I believe you should be happy with yourself/situation before adding another person to the mix. If you aren't happy with how your own life is going the addition of more responsibility and another persons problems won't make things much easier.

Exactly right, because your goals arnt the same..

However i dont want a social life i want to stay at home with my partner and she wants to stay at home with me...

SO what im saying is you have to find someone with the same morals/ethics/ideals/thoughts/likes aas you do otherwise you are doomed to fail.

Also remember guys that no matter
what you & your partner want (sit
home on a Friday and watch DVD)

"Too much of anything becomes
booring"....

So even if you are the type to sit
home once in a while go out and
have some fun!

If not you'll wake up 10yrs down
the track with your woman saying
"I have no feelings for you and blah..
blah.. blah.."

Devante.
P.S. And don't forget to give her
the S.E.X... :eek:

However i dont want a social life i want to stay at home with my partner and she wants to stay at home with me...

She kind of has to noobs as you handcuff her to the seat :D

Moons you are exactly right about being comfortable with yourself and your life first a lot of relationships fail due to this exact reason.

There is no one above you if you are talking just about looks, unless you are in high school still. People should be judging people by how good a person they are to be considered above you. Looks is important for a relationship still but it doesn't mean one is above you, they are just better looking.

Devante how many times should I give my wife The Sex???
Posted via Mobile Device

Also remember guys that no matter
what you & your partner want (sit
home on a Friday and watch DVD)

"Too much of anything becomes
booring"....

So even if you are the type to sit
home once in a while go out and
have some fun!

If not you'll wake up 10yrs down
the track with your woman saying
"I have no feelings for you and blah..
blah.. blah.."

Devante.
P.S. And don't forget to give her
the S.E.X... :eek:

Then you give her a falcon punch and find an 18yo...