• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max and the WPC Raw Worlds

PTC

Okay, Max has been accepted into the WPC Raw Worlds. Thats the good news. The bad news is its going to cost around $6000 for Max and I to go.

As always, the PTC sponsors have offered to help. Brett at Bluegum is doing a special line of merchandise purely as a fund raiser for us to go. I have no idea what he has planned, I will post more as I found out.

The reason for this post is to give you guys a heads up towards some one lift comps we are going to hold to raise cash.

At the moment it will be a Max bench comp and a Max deadlift comp. All entry fees are going directly into the Get Max to Idaho funds lol

The comps will either be held at PTC or Australian Kettlebells in Richmond, more on this later.

The comps will be help in official powerlifting form. Lifters will get 4 attempts, thats how single lift comps are run.

The bench will be paused and no hitching will be allowed in the deadlift.

I still have a few others to speak to, hpefully I can make this happen.

More info later

Cheers

Markos

[FONT=&quot]
clip_image002.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Friends,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is my pleasure to announce the date and location for the 2010 AWPC-WPC RAW World Powerlifting & Bench Press Championships. The date is September 3-5, 2010 in Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA. We look forward to seeing a Team from your country represented. If your country is not an affiliate of the WPC/AWPC please contact us to join![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Entry Form[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- Please have each athlete fill out all details on the entry form. Each lifter will be allowed one coach. There can only be 3 lifters from each country per weight class and age group. Entry Form[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Entry Deadline[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] August 1, 2010 Entries must be in by this date.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Entry Confirmation[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Please notify the meet promoters regarding your countries attendance as soon as possible. You may notify us by e-mail at snakeriverp@yahoo.com or phone us at 208-528-0444. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]USA[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Lifters must confirm your participation via email or phone to secure your spot no later than June 15th. If confirmation is not received an alternate will fill your spot.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Entry Fee[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] $100.00 Powerlifting $100 Bench Press $150 Powerlifting & Bench Press [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]An athlete may enter both the Bench Press and the Powerlifting Championships, however an entry fee for each is required. The first division is $100 and the second division is $50. Please send all entries in one packet. Make checks payable to: Snake River Powerlifting[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mail to: Snake River Powerlifting, PO Box 51433, Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA 83405 or contact Mike or Linda Higgins at 1-208-528-0444 to make arrangements via bank transfer or Western Union.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hotel Reservations -[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Meet Hotel and Venue: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls, ID[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]700 Lindsay Blvd[/FONT][FONT=&quot] , Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402 United States[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tel: 2085229500 Fax: 2085229501[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A block of rooms have been reserved for August 28, 2010 - September 9, 2010. The special room rate will be available until August 24th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. The rate posted is $99.00. However we will offer a rate of $109.00 w/ breakfast for 2. In the comment box online request the breakfast rate.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Also we are going to extend the rate if you would like to spend a few extra days and go to Yellowstone National Park which is 1 hour and 30 mins. away or go to Jackson Hole Wyoming which is 1 hour away.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Booking a reservation from our site is simple. To begin the process, click on "Book a Room" below to receive your group's preferred rate. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]World Powerlifiting Congress?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ee you at the Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls in August! We hope you enjoy your stay and your group's event![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At the Hilton Garden Inn, you'll find everything you need including complimentary high-speed Internet and remote printing provided by PrinterOn® in all guestrooms and lobby areas. The Hilton Garden Inn - Idaho Falls, Idaho hotel is certain to please the busy executive or leisure traveler. Our Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls hotel is just minutes away from downtown Idaho Falls and within walking distance of several fine restaurants and shops.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image003.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Meet Directors[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Mike & Linda Higgins [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FOR ALL INFORMATION CONTACT: Mike & Linda Higgins, PO Box 51433, Idaho Falls, ID 83405 1-208-528-0444 or snakeriverp@yahoo.com [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lifting Schedule: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday September 3rd 10:00 am Bench Press & Powerlifters: Women, Teenage & Youth[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday September 4th 10:00 am Bench Press & Powerlifters: Men Submaster & Master [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday September 5th 10:00 am Bench Press & Powerlifters: Men Junior & Open[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weigh-Ins: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday Competitors: Thursday September 2nd 10am-noon & 2pm-4pm Friday Competitors: Friday September 3rd 8am-9am[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saturday Competitors: Friday September 3rd 10am-noon & 2pm-4pm Saturday Competitors: Saturday September 4th 8am- 9am [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sunday Competitors: Saturday Sept 4th 10am-noon & 2pm-4pm Sunday Competitors: Sunday September 5th 8am-9am[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weight Classes:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Men 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 275, 308, SHW[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Kilos 52 56 60 67.5 75 82.5 90 100 110 125 140 140+[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Women 97, 105, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, UNL[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Kilos 44 48 52 56 60 67.5 75 82.5 90 90+ [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Awards:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Awards will be given to the first three places in each Men’s & Women’s divisions. There will be one Men’s and one Women’s best lifter award based upon entries in each division by formula. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Idaho Falls Visitor Bureau​
Check out the following sites for information on tourist travels.​

[FONT=&quot]www.visitidahofalls.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Jackson Hole[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Visitor Bureau –[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]www.jacksonholechamber.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]West Yellowstone[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Visitor Bureau –[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]www.destinationyellowstone.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Yellowstone[/FONT][FONT=&quot] National Park[/FONT][FONT=&quot] –[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]www.yellowstone-natl-park.com/visit.htm[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Sun Valley Idaho –[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]www.visitsunvalley.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2010 AWPC-WPC Raw Worlds Entry Form[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MUST BE IN OFFICE PRIOR TO AUGUST 1, 2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Name_______________________________________________________________________________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Address_____________________________________________________________________________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]City___________________________________State_________________Postal Code_______________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Country _______________________ Date of Birth________________________Age________________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Phone #___________________________________Cell#______________________________________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]e-mail_______________________________________________________________________________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weight Class: ___________[/FONT][FONT=&quot]_____________[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Men[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□ [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Women[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot]AWPC (drug tested) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot]WPC [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Event Entered: Full Meet[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□ [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Bench Only Meet[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Both PL/BP [/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Division Entered: Open[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Junior 20-23[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Teen[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Submaster 33-39[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Master[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Police/Fire[/FONT][FONT=&quot]□[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fees & Payment:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Late Fee After 8/1/10[/FONT][FONT=&quot] $ 30 $ ___________[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Entry Fee Powerlifting $100 $___________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Entry Fee Bench $100 $___________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Entry Fee Both $150 $___________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Youth (parent supervised) $20 $___________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MEET T-SHIRTS: [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pre-Order at $10.00 each [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Meet T-Shirt (s) $ 10 $___________[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]S____M_____L_____XL_____XXL_____XXX_____[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](shirts available at the meet in the sizes above at $15 each) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] TOTAL DUE $___________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I, THE UNDERSIGNED, AGREE TO WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS FOR DAMAGES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND SUFFERED BY ME IN ANY WAY DUE TO THIS CONTEST AGAINST Snake River Powerlifting, Mike & Linda Higgins, Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls, AWPC/WPC AND ANY AND ALL OFFICIALS, ITSSTAFF AND ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH 2010 RAW WORLD POWERLIFTING AND BENCH PRESS EVENT.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ATHLETE’S SIGNATURE_____________________________________________ DATE____________[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PARENTS’ SIGNATURE ______________________________________________DATE____________[/FONT]

Congratulations, print some more t shirts and stuff the mrs and i would be happy to purchase some to help you guys get their..

Gluck

Thanks Christian, as soon as I have the stock I'll let everyone know.

You'll be pleased to know that the T Shirts will be organic, even the ink, so you wont have to worry about getting sick lol

Thanks Christian, as soon as I have the stock I'll let everyone know.

You'll be pleased to know that the T Shirts will be organic, even the ink, so you wont have to worry about getting sick lol

Putsi Malaka...
:p

Go MAX!

i'll be keen to buy some hoodies and shirts,

Let us know when you have stock.

Cheers

Congrates to you you both.

Bugger living sooo far away or I would be interested in the one lift comps.

Hey Markos, from memory you mentioned once that Max was going to start training as an olympic lifter. What happened there?

He was being trained by Armando.

He was doing really well. During snatches, Armando had him sitting in the hole for around 5 seconds, with around 70kg overhead. Max hurt his back and couldnt lift for around a month, missed my Australia day 10 comp.

He was gutted, I mean REALLY upset. When he started training again, he told Armando he didnt like the limitations with OL.

No deadlifts, benches etc. So he decided to have a crack at PL. Its easier to train for, and he can do the OL at anytime. On Monday he powercleaned 120kg. Actually, looking at Powerbuilders chart, he could do both sports and excell, his OL total would be around 190kg, and thats with a simple power snatch.

I think both sports compliment each other. Remember he squats Olympic style during powerlifting, so this has a massive carryover. His 120kg powerclean proved that, he hasnt cleaned for 3 months.

He was being trained by Armando.

He was doing really well. During snatches, Armando had him sitting in the hole for around 5 seconds, with around 70kg overhead. Max hurt his back and couldnt lift for around a month, missed my Australia day 10 comp.

He was gutted, I mean REALLY upset. When he started training again, he told Armando he didnt like the limitations with OL.

No deadlifts, benches etc. So he decided to have a crack at PL. Its easier to train for, and he can do the OL at anytime. On Monday he powercleaned 120kg. Actually, looking at Powerbuilders chart, he could do both sports and excell, his OL total would be around 190kg, and thats with a simple power snatch.

I think both sports compliment each other. Remember he squats Olympic style during powerlifting, so this has a massive carryover. His 120kg powerclean proved that, he hasnt cleaned for 3 months.

Powerlifting is just a real man sport lol :D

I should also mention that Nick stopped the Olympic lifting at Pheonix around the same time, similar reasons I think you'll find. He loves to bench, dead and curl lol