• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO in Sydney

PTC

There are a number of lifters on here who are looking for CAPO comps in Sydney. As has been discussed on the CAPO forum, we havent had a presence there. We are strong in Canberra and the Albury comp had 24 lifters, 20 of whom were raw.

The no RAW lifting saga in Sydney is about to end. I have approached a gym in Sydney who said they were interested. I gave Paul Nay there details.

Paul has just got off the phone to the gym owner, I wont name him yet, and we are looking at October for a Sydney novice comp. This gym doesnt have any equipped lifters training there currently, so my guess is it will be made up of 99% raw lifters.

The purpose of this thread is to gauge how much interest we have in Sydney for powerlifting.

If you have aspirations to compete in powerlifting and dont want to wrap up like a mummy(I couldnt resist Nathan), please post up here.

Thank you very much.

Just heard about this! - sounds great to me and I think it could be a huge comp!

I reckon some of my guys would be keen to go down.

Well done promoting raw lifting, I am sure it will grow immensely within the next few years using forums and the net to get a lot of new lifters.

Anyone know what the scene is like in far north QLD ? Any events held in Townsville or Cairns ?

Last edited:
Well done promoting raw lifting, I am sure it will grow immensely within the next few years using forums and the net to get a lot of new lifters.

Anyone know what the scene is like in far north QLD ? Any events held in Townsville or Cairns ?

Apprantly nothing in Rockhampton, but PA has a pretty big following here, lots of big lifters. Means i would have to travel a fair distance to have a lift.

This is closer to home, let me know if you hear anything about RAW lifting up north. I'll be there if something starts up.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong Paul, but his lifts wont be recognized as raw, is that correct.

we had the same issue with CAPO, its why we held out. There are no rules saying you HAVE to wear equipment, but the results will have a demoralizing effect upon reading.

Also, without competition on an even level, you may as well lift in the gym, thats what we did.

Membership, entry fee, singlet, lots of money for no competition or recognition.

CAPO were no better 1 1/2 years ago, so I'm not defening or promoting them, it just seems they recognized first.

Also PA's hands are tied from what I understand. A RAW division needs to be started by the IPF I think, correct me if I'm wrong Paul or Nathan.