• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA Nationals - Land of the Pharaohs

lifting thus far is some kind of man (cant remember if its running, smiling or laughing) Simon Chan, myself and macmad

How many are you expecting Nathan, between 70-100.

I may come in disguise to support Simon and Minh, and Shorty if he's lifting.

I wont be in melboure otherwise I would check it out. Its only about 10 mins from my place.

I'd probably say ~100, last year we had 109 (from memory) and we have some invitationals lifting with us this year from New Caledonia and NZ.

Just wear a groucho mask mate you'll fit right in....

Is entry free?

I work out next to a PA gym and see many of these guys regularly. Would like to see them in real action.

i heard $20 is the minimum per day- it could be more

I'd pay up to $50 to watch those guys lift some huge weights, for sure.

Dont get me wrong, it was my idea for CAPO to charge entry at the Vics.

A gold coin is all we charged from memory.

Does PA normally charge $20, and if so do they get many spectators?

Or is this a first to test the waters.

For the record, I think any spectator going to see a National Championships at any sport would expect to pay an entrance fee.

An entrance fee to anything, will help keep out the tire kickers, and allow more room for the people that really want to be there..

so the big guys lift sunday? Will there be some big lifts?

the provisional timetable is

Saturday
9.00am Intervarsity
12.00pm Women 48-90+kg
3.00pm Men 56-67.5kg
6.00pm Men 75-82.5kg, B Groups 90-125+kg
Sunday
10.00am Bench Press Men and Women

2.00pm Men A Groups 90-125+kg

big lifts are relative so there will be some impressive lifting on both days.

so If I was going to watch a session day 2 would be the best?
What kind of lifts will I see on day 2?