• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

workout advice needed!

B

badzie

hey there. bit of background, im 17 years old 180cm and 80kg. im from australia and play football. ive been lifting weights for around a year.

currenty i can only workout two days a week, mondays and wednesday.
i focus on excersises like squats, bench press, military press, deadlifts and chin ups. i was just wondering if anyone can make up a workout that will fit? im looking to gain strenght and muscle. my diet is good with lots of protein.

any help would be appreciated

Badzie,

Something like PTC's beginners program or Rippetoes would work great. Keep lifting two days a week with football and change the program slightly:

eg Rippetoe:

Monday (workout a)
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
5x3 Power clean

Thursday (workout b)
3x5 Squat
3x5 Overhead Press
1x5 Deadlift

2 day PTC beginner would be fine for you. Basically you want to squat, deadlift, military press, row, bench each workout. Your deadlift needs lots of work, weak hammies and glutes are terrible for both power and injury prevention.
Posted via Mobile Device