• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting greeeeeedy..

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
Anyone get greedy with 1rms? Everytimei hit the gmy now i think **** i want to lift mroe then last time im aobut to hit them gym now and all that is going through my mind is 230kg deadlift 230kg deadlift you can do it you ****er dnt be a pussy!!

Anyone else have this "problem"??

yes,...usually when I cycle upto were I am going for max 1RM after a few months, I will hang around at that point trying again and again for 3-4 weeks, before I notice this is not good for me, sore elbows, forearms usually, from bench..

But yes hitting a PB is addictive... I know I am hungy for increasing my deads and squats this week...or next week, and the following week...

Simmo did, as I mentioned in the PPP thread.

He changed weights, failed week 1, now struggling. He was hitting PB's when I wasnt watching, thought he was clever.

well he achieved his PB's, but progress has now stopped.

Hopefully he has learned a lesson.

Ah the magic word was finally said: "problem"! As long as you realise it's a problem then you'll be able to rectify it...in time, but hopefully before you get injured!

Take care of your joints since they are forever playing catch up with newly acquired muscle strength. No different to the side effect that steroid users/abusers always sufer from since their strength sky rockets in such a short span of time in comparison to their joint strength...

Fadi.

Last edited:
Ah the magic word was finally said: "problem"! As long as you realise it's a problem then you'll be able to rectify it...in time, but hopefully before you get injured!

Take care of your joints since they are forever playing catch up with newly acquired muscle strength.

Fadi.

Hey fadi, now that you're no longer olympic lifting would you ever consider powerlifting?

I know you have some joint problems but are the injuries still there on things like the bench, squat and deadlift?

Take care of your joints since they are forever playing catch up with newly acquired muscle strength. No different to the side effect that steroid users/abusers always sufer from since their strength sky rockets in such a short span of time in comparison to their joint strength...

Fadi.

I know what you mean, Right now i have so much heat radiating from my knees... Heat + pain = inflamation...

Hey fadi, now that you're no longer olympic lifting would you ever consider powerlifting?
No.

I know you have some joint problems but are the injuries still there on things like the bench, squat and deadlift?

Bench: I haven't done bench since October 2009 (6 months) so I don't know. I don't do flat bench press anyway since it really aggravates my shoulder injury. I find incline the easiest on my shoulder joints and most effective in stimulating my chest muscles.

Squats: Having major problem at the moment where I lost balance between my quads and hamstrings and am prevented from even approaching the parallel level let alone sinking all the way to the bottom where I feel right at home. Major pain in and directly above both knees. I squatted 120kg last Friday but will give it a miss for a while and place more emphasis on the hammies.

Deadlifts: Explosive clean and snatch pulls is what I do, not deadlifts. The only deadlifts I'd be doing would be the Romanian type to place more focus/strengthen my hammies.

Starting back on Monday Oliver...

Fadi.

Anyone get greedy with 1rms? Everytimei hit the gmy now i think **** i want to lift mroe then last time im aobut to hit them gym now and all that is going through my mind is 230kg deadlift 230kg deadlift you can do it you ****er dnt be a pussy!!

I love 1rm's as much as the next guy but I rarely attempt them anymore except for during or right before a comp.

When you get a new max its great but missing them, particularly more than once can play havoc with your confidence.

I enjoy setting new reb pb's or assistance exercise pbs atm. This give me confidence in my preparation for a real 1rm.

Spot on, save your max for the comp, unless it simply happens to fall during your pre planned session as it will for some guys on PPP in the later stages.