• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

PTC

Looks like we may have quite a few lifters from ausbb stick their toes in the water at the Nats.

Scott (sticky) and Christian (noobs) are already in, joining Nick, Kelly, Blake and hopefully a few others.

I feel partly responsible, so I want to assure ANY lifter from ausbb coming down to compete alone, will not be alone. Joel from PowerSports will be looking after a crew coming from Canberra, but Scott and Christian arent part of a team, so the task will be daunting.

Any lifter who is not part of a team can warm up with the PTC lifters, I'll even give you a PTC shirt to make you easily recognizable to other PTC lifters, who will gladly lend a hand. There will be close to 25 lifters from PTC, plus a heap of support staff, so trust me you wont feel alone.

Traveling from interstate, or even locals, competing on such a big stage is a big deal. I will watch you during warm ups and select openers and attempts with you. I will have Nick, Max and Kelly there, who are as helpful a lifter you can find, trust me, you'll be part of a team.

The fact those expressing interest are on exactly the same program as the ones lifting out of PTC, the PPP program, will make things infinitely easier when discussing totals, attempts and openers.

Do not feel you need to be paying me money and lifting at PTC to be part of a team. The fact you guys have simply purchased a program and are supporting RAW lifting in this country is enough.

I want to make this quite clear, ABSOLUTELY ANY LIFTER who wants to come down will have the ENTIRE support of the PTC team.

Scott will be staying at the competition venue, the Crest on Barkly. It will make plenty of sense to contact Scott (sticky) and make arrangements in regards to sharing to keep costs down.

Nick lives around the corner, so any lifter down from interstate wishing to come to PTC for a lifting review or simply to lift some weights before the comp is welcome, for free.

With the Nats moving from state to state, I would like to have friend everywhere, you never know when one of my lifters will need support in another state.

So I want to make this clear, if you bite the bullet and decide to compete, and your not coming down with your own team (I dont want to step on anyones toes), you are more than welcome to join the PTC team, I will give you a shirt and open my gym to you, and arrange transport to PTC if wanted/needed.

I'd like to thank those coming ahead of time for helping RAW lifting in Australia

Thanks for the awesome thread M.

As Markos has said, I'll be staying at the venue (or within walking distance if it's heaps cheaper). I'd be happy to share a room/unit with other guys to cut down on costs.

I will be coming down a few days early so I can head down to PTC for a session or 2. Anybody that could help me out with a lift, it would be much appreciated.

Following on from what Markos has said, I'm in Brisbane so if anybody needs a hand up here just holler!

It will be great having you there M, at states everyone had their coaches whispering in their ear about what attempts to take ect, it was slightly intimerdating.
Can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Thanks Markos,

I will most likley be driving form sydney at this stage. I dont want to fly as it will require me to dope myself out with valium and i will be spacy for a while once i land.

I will talk to the mrs but dependingon whta she says we might be able to organise somehting in regards to renting a car and coming down as i dont think my $400 daily will make it :p

So maybe whoever is interested could split petrol expenses. Stikly this would mean maybe you head to sydney on a cheap flight then come with us? I also want to get down a few days before so i can lift with the PTC guys in preperation as im getting nervous already.

Thank you for opening up your home and gym to us makros. Although we dont train with you I (probably we) feel like the PTC extended family :D and would be more then happy to rep the team.

Thank you

Christian

Great post Markos!

As Markos said there will be some PowerSports boys going up - hopefully about 8 lifters!

If anyone needs a hand with anything then come and get me or someone from PowerSports and we will help out.

It will be a great comp and looking forward to meeting everyone I have not met yet!

I honestly think this will be the biggest/best comp in CAPO history and maybe even in powerlifting in general in Aus - so get behind this great comp/sport!

I have been given the task of chasing extra sponsors, I got a call at 8.00am this morning (f u c k e r ) from one jumping on board, I sent the email out at midnight.

As Markos said I live right around the corner from the venue and travel to PTC 3 times a week.

If you need any help with anything or are stuck for a lift anywhere let me know and if i can help I will.

I dont know how much it will cost at the crest but there is heaps of cheap accom in st kilda so hunt around and you might be able to find something really good value.

I AM ALIVE!!!! AND YES!!! i will be in on this one! im going snowboarding to mt hotham from the 1 - 9th of august so i just ogtta not injure myself and keep up the eating. ill work something out but yeah i should be in for this one then!

Great news Brendon.

On a sad note, Nick just realized he will be in NZ during the Nats so wont be lifting unfortunately

Who, 110 Nick? or 82.5 nicko?
Bummer either way, I was looking forward to meeting them both.

Noobs. I'll talk to you tonight when I'm on the computer about travel and accomodation. To hard on phone :p

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I'm out unfortunately.

I booked a week in NZ with mates months ago, before I was even certain I would enter the vic titles and totally forgot about it.

Ah well plenty more comps in the future.

I'll focus on the national deadlift comp in December and try and pull something massive.

Confirmed lifters for CAPO NATIONALS from PTC, ns.com & ausbb

MEN

67.5kg class
Daryl T
Blake T

75kg class
Dimitrious Papaconstantinou O

82.5kg class
Kelly O
Nico J
Max T
Scott J

90kg class

Alen O
Mick O
Ronnie J

100kg class
Kasper T
Nathan T
Jimmy O
Dave O
Brendon O

110kg class
Simon Mac O
James M
Spiros M
Christian J

125kg class
Jayden J

WOMEN

60kg class
Nina M
Vicki SM

67.5kg class

75kg class
Annie O
Brittany J

Last edited:
Confirmed lifters for CAPO NATIONALS from PTC, ns.com & ausbb

MEN

67.5kg class
Daryl T
Blake T

75kg class
Dimitrious Papaconstantinou O

82.5kg class
Kelly O
Nico J
Max T
Scott J

90kg class
Alen O
Mick O

100kg class
Kasper T
Nathan T
Jimmy O
Dave O
Brendon O

110kg class
Simon Mac O
James M
Spiros M
Christian J

125kg class
Jayden J

WOMEN

60kg class
Nina M
Vicki SM

67.5kg class

75kg class
Annie O
Brittany J

82.5kg class
Dimi J

**** i better start eating and start lifitng lol..

Noobs lose a little weight so you can hit the 100kg class, a little help from markos with hitting the sauna and eating right before weigh in will help.
Posted via Mobile Device

Noobs lose a little weight so you can hit the 100kg class, a little help from markos with hitting the sauna and eating right before weigh in will help.
Posted via Mobile Device

When is weigh in? Balancing my cortisol will help with the fat loss.. I also got my ft3 and ft4 checked today and am going off effexor as it makes your hypothalamus "laggy" and that doesnt help to an already lagging system.

Im like a quad core windows 7 run 20gig ram pc with 56kb modem lol..

Noobs just sit in the sauna for a few hours and don't eat or drink the day before weigh in - easy as piss.

Matty cut 9kgs in 24 hours and Blake cut around 5-6kgs.

Use the 24 hour weigh in! - Its there for a reason.

Last edited:
it would probably be best to practice cutting weight so you know what to expect, and how it effects your lifting that day/next day.

also good luck to everyone. it sounds very awesome.

From my experience as long as you gain all your weight back, or even better + some between when you weigh in and when you lift it really will not make any difference to how you lift on comp day.

If you don't and under eat between weigh in and comp time you will be F'd.

Straight after you weigh in powerade/water pretty much as much as you can drink + salty food.