• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

There is something seriously wrong with the ppp program!!

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
There is something seriously wrong with the PPP program!!

The program is 11 weeks long! My last 1rm before i started the program was 150kg I am on my 3rd week so i have 8 more weeks to go until i get the 160 1rm i selected form the program!!

THis is the problem.. I just got back from a 180kg 1rm...

Markos explain yourself!

Lol, maybe you just to strong :p

congrats on the awesome lift champ.
Posted via Mobile Device

Congrats on the new 1RM :)

However, if you got to a 180kg 1RM squat 3 weeks into the 160kg program (I have the table in front of me), I think your previous 1RM was way under what it should've been. Probably you didn't lift hard enough. :p

Congrats on the new 1RM :)

However, if you got to a 180kg 1RM squat 3 weeks into the 160kg program (I have the table in front of me), I think your previous 1RM was way under what it should've been. Probably you didn't lift hard enough. :p

I agree here, did you try 1Rm before you started or months earlier?

anyways reset your goals, and congrates on a great squat!.

I agree here, did you try 1Rm before you started or months earlier?

anyways reset your goals, and congrates on a great squat!.

That 1rm was when i was stronger then i was wheni started the ppp program,

I was doing more weight... I had actually lost alot of strength lately and since starting the programit has all come back..

I thought i would try a 200kg deadlift again for shits and giggles right after the squat and i got it.. i then tried for 220kg but had cns failure... I am 100% adiment i cant get 220 next time. And not long ago when i was following my other training program i was having trouble deadlifting 150kg...

30kg in 3 weeks?

I think not.

Something else has changed noobs
Posted via Mobile Device

30kg in 3 weeks?

I think not.

Something else has changed noobs
Posted via Mobile Device

Tha last 1rm was longer then 3 weeks ago..

But when i did that 1rm all my other lifts were alot higher then any of my lifts were when i started the PPP program.. If that makes sense..

I was doing 160 5x5 when i got 200 last time.. (for deadlift)

Before i started PPP 140kg 5x5 was almost too hard to handle..

For some guys that havent been really lifting at the top of their game, they will get odd results like this.

I had everyone at PTC start a new cycle from week 1, based on their best comp lift.

Simmo had similar results to you, but he had done very little 1RM work.

He is back on week 1 based on the new PB's he set in the first 8 weeks of the program.

He failed week 1 of his new squat program!!!!!!!

I thought this was a structured program were each lift the weight and reps were set, were the penultimate goal weight was a one off after 12 weeks.

How are people smashing through PBs at week 3, surely they can not be sticking to the program..?

Speaking for guys at PTC, if I notice a situation where the guy is doing it too easy, say week 3 on 180kg, the following week I move him to week 4 on 190kg.

We kept doing this for Simmo till he was smashing his previous 1RM with reps during the program. The same happened for Alen and Dimi, Alen was previously injured and Dimi was new to 1RM stuff.

I cant speak for those playing at home.

I stick to what is written in it religiously.
Me too Ben, but I know what n00bs is on about.

I just did week two on my deadlift programme targeting a 130kg 1rm and followed the lifts to the letter. They felt a touch easy so I decided to do rack lifts from just below the knee as a supporting exercise. I did 3 sets of 5 at 140kg. No sweat. Maybe the 130kg 1rm from the floor is a tad undercooked...

Maybe Markos can help me calibrate what my deadlift 1rm target should look like. Might lift it to 140kg and see how week 3 pans out.

Cheers,
Mike

I am sure Marcos probably does this in his gym, or is well awase of the abilities of all his lifters. But for those playing at home. Maybe there should be a pre-PPP or a PPPP course that goes for maybe 3-4 weeks targeting the lifters current 1RM so that a base line can be established and new goals set.. Usually 3-4 weeks may not be enough for lifters to target 1RM if they havent trained that way. But would atleast give you a guide as to their abilies, and something to work from.

From the comments of many lifters on here, it seems they underestimate their abilities,..or have never pushed that hard.

The programs fine, you just got to have a good think about the numbers for a few hours, look at the 1st 2-3 weeks and ask yourself wether you can see yourself lifting that
And Markos said originally if you havnt done this kind of training before you will have big gains

and if your 1rm deadlift is 100kg then adding 40kg is going to be obviously much easier then adding 10kg to a 300kg 1rm

Ultimately you guys will know how easy a particular week is. Oli has trained the powerlifts at maximum effort for quite a while, so he'll know what he can and cant do.

Others wont be as advanced. If you feel week 3 at 150kg is way easy, try week 4 at 160kg the next session. If you fail, you've lost nothing.

The first cycle will need to include some experimentation on your part if your not used to exerting maximum force for minimum reps.

From the comments of many lifters on here, it seems they underestimate their abilities,..or have never pushed that hard.

Hard to lift with max effort when you're lifting at Fitness First with Justin Bieber whining through the speakers. :p