• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tired and hard to wake up in the Morning.

k_21

Gents,

I'm curious to know what everyone
has done to over come the above.

IE: Waking up early becomes REALLY
difficult for some reason. I get about 6hrs
a night and it's deep sleep but still find
it hard to wake in the morning for my run!

So I have to undertake the run in the afternoon.

Any suggestions/ideas etc.

Thanks
Devnate.

I NEED 8 at least or I struggle

I hear you can do your brain damage by depriving it of sleep over a period of time.

I could sleep 15 hours and not want to wake up to run lol ... that doesnt sound so supprising to me . :p

i can get by on about 5-6hours sleep , need to train your body to get by on that much sleep , if i sleep for longer say 8-9hours i feel rat shit and sluggish

I get up in the morning and go for a bike ride , although with the morning getting colder it is getting hard but need to push myself to do it

try and get some hours of sleep before midnight, apparently they are worth double the hours you get after midnight

try and get some hours of sleep before midnight, apparently they are worth double the hours you get after midnight

Strange theory.
What if you don't get up until 10:00am, but sleep at 1:00am for a good 9 hours?
How is this different to sleeping from 10:00pm to 7:00am?

Circadian rhythm supposedly, I do not buy into it totally myself as I think you rhythm changes to suit you as you become more constant.

I think you should be getting to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time. Also do not use a loud blasting alarm, something soothing that works up to a louder sound over a period of time and or uses light (sunlight is best). I find when I am camping that I sleep and wake up the best. I wake up due to the sun, no forced alarm, and I feel freaking great when I wake up. I also find when I am camping I sleep earlier due to limited artificial light, but I also get about 7-9 hours sleep each night.

One thing I heard which makes great sense, is that:

If you don't wake up naturally and fresh, without having to be woken up by alarm, etc, then you are not getting enough sleep.

Unfortunately, this is not always possible for most people with busy lives.

If I don't wake up without an alarm I'll sleep through til 10am... Then feel like I've wasted the day!

I find if I am feeling sluggish in the morning because I didn't get enough sleep, a cold shower seems to give my energy levels a good boost and really help me through the day. It's also meant to have alot of other benefits regarding circulation and that sort of thing. Also increases test levels too apparently, although I'm not sure if there's much evidence to back that one up.

I've had this problem for months. I used to be up at 5:30 to workout, eat, shower and then ride my bike to work, but now have trouble getting up at 7:00am. Also having problems with waking through the night.
- Tried getting to bed earlier, but i lay in bed awake longer.
- Tried sleeping tablets.....waste of money, they dont work for me and I'm not too sure if they are as safe as they claim to be.
- Tried eating at different times (earlier and later) no effect.
- Tried working out later at night. No effect. Physically tired but not sleepy

If you find something that works for you please post.
I also agree 100% with what Hulk says about waking up naturally without an alarm, it does feel much better. Unfortunately I need an alarm due to bad sleeping patterns.

I've had this problem for months. I used to be up at 5:30 to workout, eat, shower and then ride my bike to work, but now have trouble getting up at 7:00am. Also having problems with waking through the night.
- Tried getting to bed earlier, but i lay in bed awake longer.
- Tried sleeping tablets.....waste of money, they dont work for me and I'm not too sure if they are as safe as they claim to be.
- Tried eating at different times (earlier and later) no effect.
- Tried working out later at night. No effect. Physically tired but not sleepy

If you find something that works for you please post.
I also agree 100% with what Hulk says about waking up naturally without an alarm, it does feel much better. Unfortunately I need an alarm due to bad sleeping patterns.

I'm willing to bet that you drink caffeine... even if it's 1 coffee a day.

What you posted is exactly how I used to be, but I've eliminated caffeine and now i sleep a solid 8 hours. (And i only used to have 1 coffee a day)

I'm never a morning person.

[youtube]hkdac7A0RoU[/youtube]

Last edited: