• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ad(h)d

JDizzle

Anyone here have ADD ADHD?

i have adult add

one aspect of this you gotta harness is HYPERFOCUS

If you can hyperfocus on something, a goal, you will achieve it but everything else will fall by the wayside
but you can achieve greatness. I put a goal fourth that i could save $50k in 1.5 years by doing a job where the average earnings is like $10/hour.
Well i did it, piece of cake. Except i neglected everything else in the process.

small tasks for me are pretty much delayed and put off, like paying bills or doing household tasks. Cant do simple tasks for shit. monumental tasks? piece of cake

im applying this hyperfocus thing to my weightlifting now.
if im not lifting weights, im on youtube looking at weightlifting vids, im on weightlifting forums posting crap.
I put massive care into my eating and sleep, before i couldnt really care less about putting in more effort to call dominos for my 1 meal a day.
I think its working, i got elite powerlifters shaking their head at my aggressive progress
But my job where i did really well working towards that financial goal is now a nightmare, boring, repetitive, i hate it. I earn like 1/3 of what i used to do because i cant focus on it.
girlfriends last about 3 weeks, no longer lol

Last edited:
Sounds like me,

There is something you should watch a doco called "change your brain change your life"

There is hope mate, we all have issues ones who say they dont have the worst.. Im glad you can admit it and get past the stigma of "mental health".

I should be doing assesements but i cant focus i look at the quesiton and my brain comes back to here or to the gym or to a new study on something... At least i suppose my lifestyle and career will warrent this need. But i used to be the same with other "hobbies".

Seriously watch that doco and it will all make sense. Its just certian parts of your brain are more active then normal... And with ADD the frotnal lobes when you try to concentrate work even less! So the more you try to concentrate on somehting that isnt of interest to you the more you switch off.

Last edited:
I was prescribed everything from Ritalin to concerta for my add. In the end I choose not to take anything and I manage to get by. It does still affect me allot. It's my OCD that is a bigger problem for me in my life. Just creates unwanted stresses and arguements.
Posted via Mobile Device

i could save $50k in 1.5 years by doing a job where the average earnings is like $10/hour.l

Man, that is impressive. Hope you invested it wisely :)

The hyperfocus thing sounds exactly like me. Luckily though, I have a good wife who has stuck around...

But at the end of the day they are only labels...

Its ODD,OCD, Panic disorder, Agoraphobia, they are all just labels put on people becuase you have a cluster of certain symptoms..

They need to look at your brain. Things like SEPT imagingcan show over and under active parts of your brain then you can work on 'tweaking' those areas to be better... I am just lucky that my ocd isnt negative it is directed to my health haha.

Haha that's right!

Suggestions on where this doco be found noobs? Don't suppose you ever get your stuff from torrents?
Posted via Mobile Device

I feel alot like this too at times, this hyperfocus thing.

It's always a case of extremes, all or nothing.
I'm really trying to not put too much pressure on myself to perform at times and trying to live a more balanced lifestyle.

I'm taking 3000mg a day while my glandular fever is around. Along with olive leaf extract. Worth upping the C at all?

Sorry I forgot what this thread was about as I could not concentrate... was hyperfocussing on ceffo's avatar.

I know I have trouble staying motivated about things and will go all out on some and leave others by the wayside. Maybe it is mild ADD or just my all or nothing personality, I don't really care as I know it only matters if I manage how I am to live the life I want to live.