• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Pancake

Marzz

Very quick and easy, and tastes very nice!

1 x cup of eggwhites.
1 x cup of plain oats.
1 x cup of low fat cottage cheese.
1 x tbspn of honey.
2 x scoops of protein power.

Blend all the above until it forms a thick batter.

Pour a small amount of the batter on to a hot pan, low heat.
Takes about 2-3 mins per side.

Mixture makes about 4 - 5 pancakes.

You can add bananas, berries etc too.

great idea marzz, why only egg whites? could the full egg be used just as well?

Gareer.

No it will spontaniously combust!

:p

I personally use 400g almondmeal 6 eggs and protein powder with stevia added.

NOM NOM NOM

They taste better once they have been cooled in the fridge

Protien pancakes are awsome!

If you can buy some real maple syrup like 100% not maple flavoured crap although it contains sugars yes, it is very nutritious.

great idea marzz, why only egg whites? could the full egg be used just as well?

Gareer.

I guess you could maybe used a whole egg, but might make it too savoury maybe? Plus with the egg white, you can just pour it in to a bowl like milk!

Eggwhites are so versatile too, that's why I love them. If you get eggwhites, cherry tomatoes and some ham, mix it up, pour in to omlette maker, it makes really nice omlettes in like 10 mins! and no mess!

Protien pancakes are awsome!

If you can buy some real maple syrup like 100% not maple flavoured crap although it contains sugars yes, it is very nutritious.

Do you mean the made in Canada stuff? I might have a look. No matter how nice the pancakes are, I find without honey or anything, they can a bit hard to swallow!

A lil off topic, but Coles have a shed load of egg whites back in stock.
They come in plastic bladders with a screw top now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the made in Canada stuff? I might have a look. No matter how nice the pancakes are, I find without honey or anything, they can a bit hard to swallow!

Ummm not sure mate as i dont use it.. If u use raw oraganic maruka honey then it is just as good.

or raw 100% maple syrup (not maple flavoured syrup)...

We all now know that professing foods kills the good shit in them i.e pasturisation.. It works like this

Honey is pasturised... I.e heated to kill bacteria.. For starters bacteria is only a problem if your immune system is compromised and this sohuldnt be the case unless you are malnourished.

Anyway enzymes are proteins also known as peptides...

Heat denatures protein we can see this when we cook meat. its gets stringy this is the structure changing.

So the pasturisation process denatures the enzymes basically killing them.. These enzymes are the things that are good for us in these foods and the reason we eat them and we are killing them. So at the end of it whats basically left is flavoured sugar... All in the name of "being healthy"

Cheese and yoghurt is made form bacteria... Maybe we sohuld ban these products :p

So the missus made me some protien pancakes for breakfast yesterday.
And, I, well, loved the thought and effort....

She put in:
200g wholemeal self raising flour, 100g almond meal, 100g oats, 6 eggs, 6 scoops wpc, 1g stieva.

Now while I do appreciate the effort, they werent that great. They were really hard - dence - dry things.

Any suggestions or lulz?

I just want a pan cake thats fluffy and yum :(.

So the missus made me some protien pancakes for breakfast yesterday.
And, I, well, loved the thought and effort....

She put in:
200g wholemeal self raising flour, 100g almond meal, 100g oats, 6 eggs, 6 scoops wpc, 1g stieva.

Now while I do appreciate the effort, they werent that great. They were really hard - dence - dry things.

Any suggestions or lulz?

I just want a pan cake thats fluffy and yum :(.

No whoe meal flour at all almond meal only.. I used to do 300g 6 eggs some whey cocoa stevia.. Little milk

I think, what i did was blend the mix in blender so it was airated Works out nice

Simple and delicious:

1 cup of WPC
1/2 cup of Water
1 egg
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of vanilla essence

Add the water gradually until the consistency is just right. I find just under a half a cup is what's required. Blend the whole lot until smooth. Wipe virgin olive oil on the fry pan before use to get a nice non-stick surface. Cook on a low heat, turn, cook some more, enjoy.

I like to add fresh fruit and natural yoghurt on top and eat this as my Saturday breakfast. Makes two large pancakes.

attachment.php

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• Protein Pancake.jpg
    Protein Pancake.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
dude you should be a chef!!! never in my life has any food that i have ever prepared ever looked like that!!! UNREAL EFFORT!!

dude you should be a chef!!! never in my life has any food that i have ever prepared ever looked like that!!! UNREAL EFFORT!!
Thanks Alex... *embarressed*

And it tastes bloody good too. Not to mention its got about 80gm of protein in it! :D

Nice start to a Saturday morning...

Cheers,
Mike

Just tried MikeW's recipe and sorry to say that they were terrible. Just the texture is sooo dry & hard to eat, like most times I've tried to make protein pancakes. Lucky I only made half a batch =)

My personal favourite:

1 scoop vanilla protein
1 cup oats
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup water
1/2tsp baking powder
dash cinnamon
banana

blend and fry
top with organic PB

i even add a cup or 2 of spinach for my greens and you have a perfectly balanced meal. you can't taste it but it does turn your pancake bright green haha