• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Copy Machines, a Security Risk

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Copy Machines, a Security Risk

[YOUTUBE]iC38D5am7go[/YOUTUBE]

I know a bit about computers and electronics but i never knew photocopiers had hard drives i thought they had some sort or temp memory

I would like a explanation as to why a hard drive would be needed for something that is supposed to copy and not store information. I would have thought a temporary flash memory chip would be able to hold enough data for each use easily. This is very interesting, they should have software on the machine to wipe the data if the person using it wishes too. There could be some law suits against businesses that photocopy or provide photocopiers for others use if information is stolen.

After watching that vid and doing a quick google on photocopiers , photocopiers are nothing more than and a scanner and printer and computer in a box. I would think it has something to do with the cost of memory compared to the cost of a hard drive in the long run a hard drive is cheaper.

In the above vid the photocopier maker that was interview said that they do offer the function to delete the images afterwards , but it costs an extra $500

Hard drives are used for storing images for doing large batch runs of documents, i.e say you want to do a run of 100 copies - document you want copied is 100 pages, duplex, stapled, with a cover sheet.

The onboard RAM isn't enough to store it all, so it basically uses the HDD as a temp storage RAMDISK to process the job to make it quicker to complete the task.

Rowdy Not possible to completely and securely wipe a hard drive.
Yes you can. We have software that can wipe the disk to US DoD Standards. Will take ages, but is possible. If you are that anal about the HDD's you'd take them out before they were sent back.

You can then either dispose of them through companies that shred the disks (Yes and I DO mean shred!) or like me, have some fun, and take a hammer to the fcukers! :)