• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone dealing with depression of anxiety?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Does anyone deal with Depression or anxiety? What are some things you do to cope with it?

I make myself feel better by teasing homeless people or the disabled.

Let me first say you do not ever just cope with depression, you attack it. When I had depression it was due to numerous factors like a shit job (still have it but work less), not knowing what I wanted to do, living at shit place with some shit people, and having a lot of pressure being put on me, I also had to deal with my wifes dad dying so put all those together and it eventually got to me down. I 'coped' with it by eating shit food and stopped exercising two terrible choices. After a while I got over it by fixing what was wrong, confronting people, removing crap things, learning to look more positively on things, dealing with problems as they come up. Theres a lot more to it but basically that the start.

smile_quotes_graphics_01.gif
:)!

Fadi.

That made me smile, thanks Fadi.

Now you've made me smile Dave. A smile is very contagious indeed and it certainly brightens up not just a room, but the whole world...inside as well as outside.

Focus on this baby’s' eyes and you can't help but feel good and optimistic about the road ahead...

Thank you Dave and may your world be forever filled with beautiful smiles my friend :).

Fadi.

Let me first say you do not ever just cope with depression, you attack it. When I had depression it was due to numerous factors like a shit job (still have it but work less), not knowing what I wanted to do, living at shit place with some shit people, and having a lot of pressure being put on me, I also had to deal with my wifes dad dying so put all those together and it eventually got to me down. I 'coped' with it by eating shit food and stopped exercising two terrible choices. After a while I got over it by fixing what was wrong, confronting people, removing crap things, learning to look more positively on things, dealing with problems as they come up. Theres a lot more to it but basically that the start.

+1

Know your triggers, know what is good 'maintenance', choose not to be a victim and be disciplined to do the things / activities that will keep your mind (and your body as 1 will impact the other) healthy.

Some times it is hormonal, someitmes it is neurotransmitter related, sometimes it is phsycological, sometimes it is all of the above...

You have to figure out what is causeing it.

If it is hormonaly related or related to neurotransmitters then that needs to be addressed because all the CBT in the world will not fix those issues.

To quote a famous quote:

"we are what we think"

To further elaborate read "Frogs into Princes"..

I suffer from anxiety. It was caused by exessive use of amphetamines, they basicly fried my receptors imo. Now i am on ssri's and been on and off the medication over the years. I have tried all sorts of things but i think i always feel better when im lifting and eating clean. I hate having to take the medication but as my doctor describes it, it is just like a diabetic who needs insulin:)

I suffer from anxiety. It was caused by exessive use of amphetamines, they basicly fried my receptors imo. Now i am on ssri's and been on and off the medication over the years. I have tried all sorts of things but i think i always feel better when im lifting and eating clean. I hate having to take the medication but as my doctor describes it, it is just like a diabetic who needs insulin:)

But diabetes (type 2 anyway) is completly reversable...

And im sure anxiety can be as well.. I am in the same boat as you (minus the drug use).

www.doctoryourself.com

You might find something useful there.

You may have to just deal with the damage you have done but there are other things besides ssri's (that sometimes cause more good thenbad) that you can do.

OMG I am being asked to do things that are contrary to my ethical view point. How can I live with myself?

This happens all the time :S Why are people inherantly bad. Why am I the only one that can see the difference between good and evil truth and lies???????????????????????????????????????????????????? Answer me that and I will be less depressed and mentaly unstable!

I dont understand what you are talking about kindred but it is simple..

Dont do them.

My councilor once said that. He said I should do the things I dont want to or I should drop out of life.

I need a drink and maybe a beer and a bottle of wine to wash it down with.