• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA are a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTC

Dear members,
You may not be aware but over a long period of time I have worked very hard to have all of our CAPO Powerlifting events held at excellent venues for us. I have been working even longer on being able to build a relationship with Victorian Weightlifting Committee so we can have some of our events held there. This had been achieved up until a very short time ago.

Mr. Robert Wilks and his followers (committee members) at the IPF in Australia have taken it upon themselves to organize it so that CAPO cannot hold any other events at the Weightlifting Centre at Hawthorne after our State Championships have been completed on the 16th of May 2010. This has come about due to a change in elected officials at the Weightlifting Center a few months ago, the previous committee had no problem with us paying for the use of their venue and they enjoyed our competitions. Since Mr. Robert Wilks had a meeting not long ago with the new Weightlifting Committee suddenly their intentions to allow us to hold future events has changed. The committee has the choice to do that as it is their venue to manage and we at CAPO respect their choice.

I will endeavor to provide our National championships on the same date at a venue to be announced ASAP once a suitable place is found. There are people in Melbourne that are doing their best to find such a venue and I say thank you them from our members and myself.

I am letting you all know about this situation as it was bought to my attention by IPF lifters who will remain nameless as they cannot believe what Mr. Wilks has done this to the sport of Powerlifting (not to CAPO), it shows how narrow minded some individuals are, and that they cannot see that this action has just divided the sport even deeper instead of raising the rich competitiveness of our sport. This is a sad move for Powerlifting in Australia as those at the helm of the IPF federation are in the business of putting restrictive limits on all powerlifters in this country. It’s a shame they can’t see the bigger picture of all federations holding events at the Victorian Weightlifting Center. This would be a great move for all lifters in our Country as it is a great venue to compete at.

I urge all lifters that receive this letter to have a good long think about what has taken place as this letter goes to not only powerlifters of all federations in this country but also overseas.

Kindest regards,
Paul Nay
President
CAPO Powerlifting Australia Inc.
Affiliated with the WPC and GPC.

Welcome to egotistically driven sport politics! It's a wonderful world we live in isn’t it! Haven’t you heard Dale Carnegie’s saying: “no one ever kicks a dead dog”, Markos? Had you been a nobody with some pathetic lifters, things may have been different; but you’re the opposite of that and there’s always that wonderful person whose hunger for power and dominance overshadows and blinds his intellect (if he ever had any in the first place). I better stop here before I really start rolling…

Fadi.

CAPO had 12 lifters at last years State Titles, there will be over 40 this year, Rob knows that, and its obviously scared the shit out of him, he thought Powerlifting Australia was the top dog.

I will do everything I can to help Paul make CAPO the best federation in Australia, again.

Wow - I just read this email and to be honest Iam not surprised Wilks has done this - he is a narrow minded little bitch and all he thinks about is himself.

I was only told the other day that a ipf member questioned him about a raw div and his answers were - CAPO is dying anyway so why bring it in, we will not water down our divs and if you want to compete raw you can - yes very fair mr.wilks! ...not.

I was having a convo with someone the other day and was saying how narrow minded wilks was and that he will be the death of PA.

Thank you for posting this Markos so ppl who are not members of CAPO can read this and see what PA (Wilks) is doing to the sport within Aus.

What's his problem with lifting raw? To me that is the epitome of strength, never got the use of equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for posting this up, Markos. That's a shame, and it pisses me off.

I was thinking whether I should join this powerlifting gym right next door to my current one where R Wilks is the head coach. I was undecided because I want to lift raw and don't like equipments, but I do like training among strong people. This has made it an easy decision: they won't get a membership from me.

There is so much more I could write about Wilks but I'll hold off for now, I'll just mention that he suspended 2 lifters from PA for competing in my gym at a PTC 5 Lift comp lol

One of them is a member on here, suspended for lifting in my garage

I had a meeting with Wilks once - and some of the things that came out of his mouth shocked me - I had only been speaking to the guy for around 5 mins and I was shocked...

He is a cancer in our sport and the reason it has gone backwards from the 80's, he formed PA to compete against CAPO when they booted him.

Splinter Federations ruined powerlifting around the world, he did it here.

It disappoints me to see two different groups being torn apart when the aim should be to expand the sport in Australia and help the athletes be the best they can be.

He has absolutely no intention of furthering the sport in Australia.

How can you honestly ban lifters because they did a 5 lift comp in a mates garage, this would be a world first.

He has attempted to hurt CAPO and PTC. How the f u c k could a garage be a threat to PA?

How deep in self doubt must you be to have a crack at a garage. PA is a Government funded organization.

The way to hit back at him is to support the opposition, CAPO, who allows you to compete at lots of different federations. Even in my garage lol

The Prez is one of the nicest down to earth people you would ever meet. He has posted the biggest ever total in Australian Powerlifting History....965kg, and you would never ever know. I found out myself.

He has no swagger, picks on no one, goes out of his way to have lifted get started in competition. He has opened the doors to raw lifters, everything he does is a positive for our sport.

Can anybody associated with PA or Wilks say the same about him?

They should just have a challenge of federations. CAPO vs PA, call it the Strength Cup or something.

I'm curious: has there ever been an occasion where people were having a private argument, someone went public with it, and as a result the argument was resolved?

It seems a bit like high school with cliques, each saying the other are idiots. Fun and all, but not very productive.

I really like IPF. Their lack of acceptance of other feds is nasty, but its better than being like america with a million feds, particularly in such a small country where competitive lifters can be counted in 3 digits.

PTC, could CAPO not request to comply by IPF rules and become an affiliate like USAPL?

Why WPC is just as big and just as good, plus they have World Raw Championships.

With CAPO, you can compete with the WPC, AWPC and GPC on the World Stage.

This year Max can compete in Florida at the AWPC World Championships in June or the WPC Worlds in Finland in November. The only difference is the AWPC is drug tested.

Why WPC is just as big and just as good, plus they have World Raw Championships.

With CAPO, you can compete with the WPC, AWPC and GPC on the World Stage.

This year Max can compete in Florida at the AWPC World Championships in June or the WPC Worlds in Finland in November. The only difference is the AWPC is drug tested.

Isnt WPC monolifts, multiply and untested? a lot of those feds you mentioned are very small and dont have a lot of credibility.

IPF is one of the strictest federations around in terms of rules and is the largest fed in the world making it more competitive.

powerlifters.com.au • View forum - Training discussion

There was a thread on there about introducing a raw division into australian comps which got a lot of interest. Their concern though was not enough lifters and 'a trophy for everyone' type competition. Maybe their opinion would change if you could offer them an extra 30-50 lifters competing each year?

If PA held a comp accross the road from me I would ring the cops and complain about the noise, in a million years I would never enter a PA comp or have one of my clients do so.

They are a disgrace that have destroyed powerlifting in Australia, all through the efforts of a very greedy president.

You werent around to see the halcyon years Oli, so I doubt you'll understand.

If you think WPC is small, you are extremely hard to please lol

There Worlds run for a week, they had 283 lifters at the 2009 Worlds, if thats small, I'd hate to see big.

Equipment, whether its single or muti ply, is a mute point, I'm only interested in RAW

If PA held a comp accross the road from me I would ring the cops and complain about the noise, in a million years I would never enter a PA comp or have one of my clients do so.

They are a disgrace that have destroyed powerlifting in Australia, all through the efforts of a very greedy president.

You werent around to see the halcyon years Oli, so I doubt you'll understand.

If you think WPC is small, you are extremely hard to please lol

There Worlds run for a week, they had 283 lifters at the 2009 Worlds, if thats small, I'd hate to see big.

Equipment, whether its single or muti ply, is a mute point, I'm only interested in RAW

Your right, I'm not familiar with what happened, all I know is australia really shouldnt become like america where you have the ICTDPLF (Ice Cream Truck Driver's Powerlifting Federation) and I think IPF has this in mind.

Why don't you contact 100% RAW in america and ask to become an affiliate? they're raw (belt only) and unlike WPC dont have the monolifts, belly benching and drug use (greater evils than the suit imo).

I wanted a seperate post for the drug thing, I'm glad somebody finally brought it up.

The lifters at PTC lift raw and drug free. CAPO has no testing, PA has no RAW.

What to do?

One of my lifters who I wont name had a look at the RAW untested records at CAPO and the tested equipped records at PA.

He is around 20kg off the dead, 25kg off the bench and level on the squat in the untested RAW CAPO division.

Over in the tested equipped section of PA, he is 100kg off the squat,115kg off the bench and 65kg off the dead.

Where do you reckon he wants to compete?

I would choose CAPO everytime if I was a RAW lifter, steroids help far less than equipment.

And please dont assume that PA is full of clean lifters, 2 were disqualified at their last Nats, my mate competed 10 times before he was tested at PA, they only test a fraction of the lifters.

If your looking for cheats, look at drug tested feds only, Olympics, Tour de France, IWF, IPF etc

Any lifter lifting for a trophy is a cop out, just like anyone mentioning trophies at PA, thats not why we lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.