• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

kidney stones....OUCH!!!!

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
about 4 years ago i was diagnosed as having a kidney stone which resulted in 4 days of agony and a prayer that i wouldnt have to go through that again. well last night after having severe pain on saturday night i was again diagnosed with a kidney stone and spent half the night in hospital on morphine. today i had a CT scan and x-ray which confirmed one 5mm stone on its way out and 2 other 5mm stones in the left kidney and some much smaller stones in the right kidney. so far these stones appear to be not moving so the main concern is just the one stone thats passing through now. ive only just started researching the subject as the next step for me will be to see a Urologist to see if they can work out why im getting these at a young age (im 30). has anyone else had much experience with these? ive been reading that high amounts of protein, calcium, alcohol and sodium can contribute. the strange thing is that when i had the first one i had a crap diet and hardly drank water now 4 years on my diet is much better and i drink lots of water the only thing consistent over those 4 years has been a moderate to high alcohol intake especially over weekends. protein and calcium have also been on the high side for a couple of years now but pending tests im just speculating at the moment.

I would see a qualified natropath and nutritionist they would be more qualified to help you deal with this sort of thing and prevent it happening..

Sucks man, after reading your post a common denominator came out... Alcohol. Just a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mate you have my sympathies...Been there bled a little, well a lot..

I got mine about 10 years ago while working in a kitchen were the usual beverage was coke, lots of it.
I was also working in a night club, the only clear fulids i would drink was contreau. I would have a few drinks every weekend, but, not heaps, just 2-3 a night, as i prefered to dance rather than drink outside of work hours.

I drank very little water, maybe 2L of milk a day, plus heaps of coke, lots of exercise ( no car just bike)

I got some pretty severe pain, mostly as the stone passed through the prostate ( as a guess) had a constant need to piss, When i got to the hospital just after it got really bad, I filled a sample cup with bright red piss..The pain was nasty, and lasted for about an hour. Its a awful feeling and were it is makes it soo much worse, either bent up or strait, or walking it just comes in waves, and not much you can do.'

After much swearing and making an ass of myself A nice male nurse came in, stuffed an analgesic suppository in my ass, and the pain subsided within 10minutes.

One of the first questions they asked was how much coke do I drink, than how much water do I drink..

I could still feel them present for months after, and was very tentitive to completely empty my bladder, I did feel a few smaller ones pass through, it was a matter of just grit the teeth and force it out quick, didnt want them getting stuck..

I now rarely touch coke, maybe once every 3-4 months maybe, I hate the taste now.

I drink 2L of water a day at least.

That was a painful read! Like reading a description of bamboo shoots being hammered underneath your nails. Do you get good pain killers prescribed? Time off work? Something to bite down on? :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Sucks man, after reading your post a common denominator came out... Alcohol. Just a thought.

yeah i know, ive already started making some changes regardless of whether that is the cause or not.

Do you get good pain killers prescribed? Time off work? Something to bite down on? :p

sunday night i had morphine which was awesome :D. since then ive just had panadene forte, time off work isnt a problem as my boss is very sympathetic.

That's good. I was curious as to the pain management involved in it. I recently dislocated/fractured my finger and I was very happy with the pain managment these days. I remember back in 2002 when a skateboard pierced through my leg and I was bleeding all over the floor in the hospital, my step mother had to fill out 6 forms before they would even see to me let alone give me painkillers.

On another note it gets a little hard to do a number 2 after a few days on panadene forte too :) Let alone having the problem doing a number 1!

i havent had any painkillers since the morphine, the pain has subsided quite alot apparently these things can take awhile to pass although the first time it only took 3-4 days