• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Well done Max and Markos

Kyle Aaron

On Markos' forum, he tells us
PTC said:
We just got back from the CAPO NSW State titles.

Max couldnt win, but he is allowed to set National Records. Seeing how their werent any in his weight class, it was not a difficult feat.

He squatted 160kg, benched 95kg and deadlifted 212.5kg. His deadlift broke the Equipped Australian Record by 12.5kg, so at least there is some reference point for his lifts.

Another strange occurence is, he broke 4 World records lol. CAPO's is an affiliate of the WPC

He actually broke the World Records in the WPC in EVERY weight class in the RAW division. The totals were ordinary, and you cant claim World Records at a State Level Meet.

He can break them at National level though.

At the Nationals he will be in the 82.5kg class and 18, the records are

Squat 160kg
Bench 105kg
Deadlift 210kg
Total 475kg

These were set by a Russian boy. He broke 2 of them today.

The RAW section is very new, these were set in February 2009.

Come November, there may just be a few World Record holders at PTC, sadly, Nick wont be one of them lol

MEN

110 KG. CLASS
S 330.0 Starodubsky.Sergei 77 RUS 3/18/2010 Kursk
B 227.5 Jones.Shae 78 USA 6/13/2009 West Palm Beach
D 342.5 Starodubsky.Sergei 77 RUS 3/18/2010 Kursk
T 900.0 Starodubsky.Sergei 77 RUS 3/18/2010 Kursk
Excellent. Well done to Max for his excellent lifts, and all the consistent hard work that went to them, and well done to Markos for his coaching of him.

I hope to see similar results in May for all the PTC lifters!

Congrats, well done. I am sure competing would be a lot of fun and extra motivation to become even stronger.

Max WHAT A BEAST!

loving that deadlift, wasn't Max benching and squatting a bit more than that though?

still, he's a world record holder! :D

He's no world record holder.

World records can only be broken at National Events, plus you need to let them know you are breaking a world record so they can ensure the judges are qualified to judge a world record.

I know it sounds pedantic, but at least you cant have "dodgy" records this way.

Max's best squat is 175kg and his best paused bench is 100kg.

More info in the Capo state titles thread.

Thank you for all your comments

Max has huge potential to be a really great powerlifter - he is already a great lifter but I think with a few comps under his belt he could be one of australias best teen/junior lifters.

I was stoked to see him do so well at the nsw's - hopefully i'll be able to get down to the vic's next month and will def be at the nationals!

Great work guys - great to meet you!

Powersports, is it legal to compete in a NSW competition & a Vic competition? Do you know what i mean, two different state competitions?

You can compete where you like, but you can only win your own state titles.

Max won nothing on the weekend, he wasnt allowed, he just set 4 National Records.

Blake won best Teenage lifter.

It can't be very satisfying to "win" while someone else lifts more than you.

A funny sort of system. Well, so long as everyone gets to lift, what does it matter I guess.

On the other hand I think its great they let you compete in a State Championships outside your state. They could simply say no.

This is one of the things I really like about CAPO. They want everyone to lift.

As it now stands, at the Nationals there will be quite a few lifters going for WPC World Records. We have to make sure that we have judges that are certified to sit on World Records.

At the 2008 Nationals, Greg Gordon benched 180kg @ 89kg and 16yo, a World Record in the equipped section, but there were only 2 judges qualified to judge world record attempts, so the existing 175kg record still stands.

This is a good and bad thing, as it ensures we dont get errant records set in the far corners of the globe, but bad for Greg who has since torn his pec.

At the 2008 Nationals, Greg Gordon benched 180kg @ 89kg and 16yo, a World Record in the equipped section.

Greg & i have the same last name. i wonder if we're somehow related.

it's a bit tough for Tasmanian's to compete in a different state competition, due the the big commitment needing to head over to VIC or NSW........damn bass straight!!

Greg is originally from South Africa.

He also squats 270kg and deadlifts 260kg, he is now 18 though lol

He'll be competing at the Vics and the Nats

The funny thing about it is everyone assumes he is on gear. He's not. He's not fussed if people dont believe him. He is a very intelligent young man, he benched 105kg at 14 in a schoolboys powerlifting comp, was he juiced at 14 lol.

You would be interested to know his coach is from Olympic Weightlifting, not powerlifting. He has switched to coaching powerlifting. He still has Greg do high pulls and snatch pulls etc

I thought everyone who is stronger than me is on roids? Isn't that the general consensus?

The kid is a machine, any videos of him in action?