• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reputation Points

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What is reputation?

Reputation is a reward system whereby users can choose to give positive reputation or negative reputation based on a particular user’s posts or threads.

What does it do?

It can be used as a way to assess the creditability of a users post or helpfulness or many other things. Generally though, good members, i.e. posting helpful and insightful information will result in the user being awarded with positive reputation.

With this in mind it endeavours to make all members post constructive and helpful information. However it does have its flaws for example, some irresponsible users may choose to negative rep members for reasons that are not justified. Saying this when used appropriately it is an effective reward scheme.

Do I have to leave reputation?

No. It is at the member’s discretion as to whether you feel another members post warrants positive or negative reputation.

Does it show my username to the person I award reputation to?

Yes.

How many reputations can I leave?

As many or as little as you like over the course of your membership, but you may only award 10 reps in any 24 hour period, and reputation points must spread to other users before awarding reputation to someone that you have recently awarded reputation to. This limits the abuse of the reward scheme. Try to award reputation selectively based on posts that provide credible and informative replies. Avoid irresponsible use of reputation for example, by awarding reputation to someone simply for awarding it to you.

How do I award reputation?

In a post that you want to award reputation to in the top right corner there will be a symbol of a set of scales, as shown below.

reputation.gif

Once you do this you will be presented with a new window with two options, as shown below.

repuo9.jpg

From here you may choose either to give a positive rep or a negative rep or add a comment to justify your choice. Some members like to add their user name at this point.

However as stated before you are must spread some reputation about before awarding it to the members that you have recently repped.

How do I check my reputation comments?

If you click on your user control panel, it will detail the reputation either positive or negative, and the comments that were left for you. However you cannot view who you have given reputation points to.

Some of my comments have a grey symbol beside them, why is this?

If your symbol is grey this mean that this user has not spread enough reputation around for their reputation account to be activated. Therefore in order for yours to be activated you must do the same.

Grey also means they might have negative rep, which results in them having 0 reputation power.

Oh, and the notepad in the UCP means the messages don't show up.

Also, I think I'm the only one that has it enabled. Everyone else's seems to be turned off.

hhmm ok thanks for that cruxis , i'll pass it onto the powers to be

was meant to reply to this the other day , but its all taken care of now
thanks cruxis for bring it to out attention

thanks for the info ,was wonder what rep points were and meant