• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Way to eat tuna!

Spewbucket

Hey guys,

just wanted to check and see how good this would be as a variation of plain tuna.

It's not meant to be eaten all the time, but makes a nice change once a month or so.

1 small potato - mashed (like not even fist size)
1 200g can of tuna
1 egg
1 small onion

mix it all up and fry them on the hotplate.

makes roughly 4 decent sized 'fritters' i guess.

flame away!

Sounds good, but you still have to prepare and cook it.

Lately I've been eating tins of tuna premixed with beans, it's quite nice.
About 36g pro and 33g carbs from memory.
Sole Mare brand, orange tin 185g.
Have a try.

Yeah I do that too with red Kidney beans. I don't mind preparing the cakes as they are heaps good, and yeah, once in a blue moon for me anyway.

Sounds good mate will give it a go one day soon, only I'll add allot of garlic and allot of chilli!
Posted via Mobile Device

haha Yeah Hulk ive been buying the same ones, the Solmare tuna and beans in the orange and blue tin are freaking awesome :D And yeah Spewbucket ill have to give this a go one day when ive got some leftover mash potato... i remember once had mash for dinner, woke up the next morning and wanted to make pikeletts, forgot mum put salt and other seasoning in the potato. so when i added the sugar and milk and fried them they tasted like ABSOLUTE CRAP! lolll... not to self, sugar and salt dont mix...

I've been doing this lately...

150g (drained) tin of tuna in SW (Coles brand seems ok for price)
120g (drained) organic lentils (they have less carbs than non organic)
100g (drained) Coles brand green beans (tinned variety)

I put the lentils and beans in a container, microwave for 2 mins.
Add the tuna and stir in some sweet chilli sauce.
Takes the taste and smell outta the tuna and has this approx values :

60g protein / 30 g carb / 2 - 3 gms fat total.

This is a bit off topic, but I hate fish, but I have started eating tuna, they only think I could stomach and now am starting to like is the Greenseas spicy chili, having it with eggs for lunch. My family can't believe their eyes. I know..I know...but for me this is a monumental change.

Tuna in olive oil (185g) and broccoli or pak choi is my current favourite.

Haven't tried with beans yet.

I just had the same kind of tuna and.... banana for a snack. Tasty! :p

For some reason, the organic lentils (which are the same price as the std lentils) have half the carbs.

Try the Nando's hot sauce too - that definately takes away the tuna smell!

Sounds good, but you still have to prepare and cook it.

Lately I've been eating tins of tuna premixed with beans, it's quite nice.
About 36g pro and 33g carbs from memory.
Sole Mare brand, orange tin 185g.
Have a try.

That stuff is Gold, tastes great with Vita Wheats.