• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking for a cheap no frills gym

F

Frosty

I've been away from training for a while and am desperate to get back into it. I'm looking for a cheap no frills gym I can get to early in the morning before work. I work at Fishermans Bend, Port Melbourne and have to travel from Rosanna through the city (on the train). Any of you know of one that I can access in any of these three areas?
When I say cheap - I do mean cheap. Having three kids means there isn't much cash to spare!! :)

Thanks for any tips.

Cheapest gyms are home gyms, might cost a few bucks up front but the long term savings are enormous. Mine cost all up $1500 9 years ago, never looked back, apart from a few months when I moved interstate and had no choice but to train in a gym and then when I came back home for a few months until I got my old gym back.

X2 your not paying for it when you get sick or injurred aswell. + it's a good way of catching up with mates when you get them around for a session.+ shrek said it so it must make sense....
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, get your own for sure.

gymdirect.com.au

Power rack, bar, bench, and as much weight as you can afford. All you need.

I agree with the home gym option. I've got three kids too and trying to find time to get to the gym often enough to make it worthwhile was my biggest problem so I went down that path years ago and have not looked back. The convenience is hard to go past.

If you do go down the home gym path, check out our used stock Used | little bloke fitness

You'll save a few bucks in set-up and can upgrade as the cash comes in.

Definately Olympia. Think its $490 for the year. It's got a great vibe and no d1ckheads which is very important. I live in Port Melbourne and walk to gym in the morning and then head straight to work for a shower at the CBD. Easy.
If you're taking public transport you could get the 109 Tram to Montague Street (where the gym is). Otherwise its a 5 min drive from Fishermans Bend.

S-B

Home gym is definitely cheapest, but you also have to assess cost in terms of the actual benefits you get. Most gym memberships are not used (only 10% still go after the first three months of their 12 month contract), and most gym equipment bought folds away for easy storage for a good reason.

So you have to have a serious look at yourself, are you motivated enough to work out on your own, or will joining a gym or hiring a coach/trainer be better for you. I mean, is it better to spend (say) $1,000 and fail, or spend $3,000 and succeed?

It could be good to find a mate or two and work with them, share equipment saving you money, and your mates can motivate you a bit. I remember Adrian (Hulk) was offering his home gym in Sydney to a training partner, I might do that myself soon down here in the southeastern suburbs.