• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training help and information

Tas

Hey so as most of you active members now know I'm still very new to this
and although i have found a lot of help reading through everything I'm still having putting on weight.

I'm 20 years old weighing 65.7 kgs for almost 2 years and 156cm tall

hence the reason I'm getting into bb.
Playing football with man weighing almost double me lol.
But i need a rough lay out and stepping stone i guess to get me started.
i have all the weights needed at home.
I have worked out i need to eat roughly 3500-4000 calories a day.

any help would be great look forward from hearing back from you all.

Cheers,
Daniel:confused:

Hey Tas,

Just gave you this link in your other thread, but since this thread is in the right spot I thought I'd put it here as well :p
http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/9660-beginners-look-here.html

I am interested to know where you got that calorie figure from?
To be perfectly honest it seems excessive to me.
You would certainly put on WEIGHT eating that much but some of it might be a bit more jiggly than you had hoped :p
If you don't care about that then fair enough, a lot of people don't and each to their own.

Have you sat down and figured out how much you are actually eating now?

Hey stralian,
Thanks for that,
i also got my calorie intake from a site with a calculator this was my response

Daily Calorie Intake: 3251

GRAMS PER MEAL

Carbs
82.2g
Protein
31.4g
Fats
21.6g
GRAMS PER DAY
Carbs411g
Protein
157g
Fats
108g

*Saturated fats should make up only 1/3 of this amount.

So i added a bit more not knowing if they had already done that ?

Last edited:
Daniel,

You say that you are getting into bodybuilding; have you gotten into it yet and if so, how long has it been since you've done so?

The question mark behind your name is what prompted me to ask you such a question. You're 20 and you're just starting, I’m here to tell you that the road is not complicated unless you choose to make it so or believe someone whose aim is to make you believe that it is a rough and bumpy road to gain or lose few kilos.

Befriend a paper and a pen and put what is inside your head out there for your eyes to see over and again. Once you've done that, your needs would be made clearer and the Ausbb team would be placed in a much stronger position to offer you the help that you need.

Fadi.

Aww cheers,
I mean i want to get everything right before i start i hate stop starting things so i want to plan my diet,plan my workout, this is why i am asking for some help so i can get it al together and make use of it once i start i will be posting training logs and improvements so you can read along if you choose because in the end you guys have given me the starting points to get where i want

read this for training, and this for diet. combine those with what you posted and you have enough information to make good gains. also a bit of this, and this

Last edited:
For training, I would definitely read the thread I posted first with the full body 3 days a week.
Myself and most people on here are not huge fans of split routines and I certainly haven't heard many people using them as beginners unless they are copying something from a bb magazine...

As for diet I suggest something between these two:
http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8998-diet-2-2800-calorie-food-plan.html
http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/9001-3200-calorie-food-plan.html

I've just used a very simple method to calculate that and don't know your activity levels or what you currently eat.
You can eat as much as you want, but I would prefer to see you figure out what you are currently eating and adjust that, rather than getting a number and running with it.
You may find 4000 calories is almost double what you're eat now...I would be impressed if you trained hard enough to justify eating it!

My only other advice is the listen to Fadi :)

mate i'm about your weight & weight, i'm 162cm, weighing this morning 69, if you feel that eating 3500-4000 calories a day is the right amount to gain size, good luck. I can confirm that you'll gain size, how much quality size i'm unsure of.
Provided that you work hard, stick to the basics, do a regular form of cardio & keep your diet pretty clean (in terms of unprocessed foods & no junk) you'll do well. It's likely that your number of cal's is a little high tho

I agree with everyone you will be eating too much. Your metabolic needs just to live and maintain your weight is about 1500 calories. Add in your calories expending each day through your exercise sessions. You will need to change your daily calorie needs to work with your activity level for work and usually daily living activities. If your daily activity levels are high (you are a landscaper or something really active) and you do a lot of exercise outside of your weight training then you may need to eat as much as you have worked out. Let us know how many calories you expend and we can all see how many calories you will need.
Posted via Mobile Device