• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO State Titles

PTC

Nick, Max and I went to a meeting with the CAPO president and a bunch of others today. They were sorting out CAPO and making sure that powerlifting continues to rise.

At the State Titles last year there were 16 lifters, there will be around 35 - 40 this year. The event is being held at

Glenferrie Oval, “Ferguson Stand”

Street:
34 Linda Cresent

City:
Hawthorn
State:
VIC

The equipment they have is first class, the facilities as good as it gets. This will be a VERY well run event and you will see some tremendous lifters. Some of the weights these guys are lifting are mind blowing, and I'm not simply talking about the equipped section, the raw lifts are top class.

There will be around 15 lifters from PTC I hope. There is talk of quite a few interstaters flying in as well.

I am encouraging anybody that has an interest in lifting to come out and have a look. If anybody is interesting in competing and doesnt know how to go about it, contact me and I'll do anything I can to help.

The CAPO guys are hell bent on making the contest a fun experience for every lifter. There are some very good people behind all this, I was very impressed with the attitude of everyone at the meeting. I for one will do everything I can to promote powerlifting, especially the raw categories.

For new guys on here that want to meet and catch up with other forum members, this is a great oppurtunity.

I will post up more information as I get it.

16th of May, its a Sunday, I think Liam is coming.

Max is hoping to total 500kg @ 75kg 180sq/100bp/220dl.

He close gripped 102.5kg today, I think he may go over. He is doing great on his 200kg squat program currently.

Nick should total 630-650kg @ 110kg, depending on if he can stay injury free. His lifting is currently the best its been. He will squat over 220kg raw, maybe 230 - 235kg. He may pull 270kg.

Kelly should go 580kg + @ 82.5kg, maybe even 600kg on a perfect day. His squat will be the key, his bench and dead are awesome at 160kg and 250kg, he'll need to make a 180kg squat for a great day.

Fat Dave is the worry, his lifting is shit due to his diet. At 104kg yet, Max has him covered at every single lift in the gym. He missed a 90kg powerclean in the gym today, then Max hang cleaned it for five extremely easy reps. He benches 107.5kg, yet missed a 100kg close grip. He's a real worry.

The guys have been practicing the pause bench, which knocks a few KG,s off your total.

If your going to fly down, you'll have to compete.

Any PTC lifter gets a SPECIAL T Shirt for the event, these will be exclusive, no one else gets one, not even you Mike lol

Iam going up to Albury on the 24/25 of this month with 3 lifters and hopefully have about 5-6 at the nationals (including myself, if my knees don't die lol)

You'll definitely need a qualifying total Brendon.

Max and I may be at the NSW State Titles Joel, I spoke to Laurie on the phone yesterday.

You'll definitely need a qualifying total Brendon.

Max and I may be at the NSW State Titles Joel, I spoke to Laurie on the phone yesterday.

That would be great mate! - Will Max be competing???? or waiting till the Vic's.

What day will you get down there?

Because its starting at 10.00am and weigh in finishes at 9.00am, we would have to leave at 4.00am, thats what time I normally go to bed lol

Max wants to compete as a 17yo, its his last oppurtunity as he turns 18 before the Vic state titles.

He will only be 5 weeks in on an 11 week program, its more for the experience as well.

I have to let Laurie know by tomorrow, I dont really want to spend a night in Albury, but I may have too.

Where are you staying Joel?

I think he's 75kg right now.

At the moment he's squatting 175kg, benching 105kg and deadlifting 210kg.

He should be a touch above all those lifts, its just that he hasnt attempted a PB since he started my new program.

What class are your boys lifting in?

You dont understand.

You'll need a total good enough to be allowed to lift at Nationals.

Its the National Championships, you have to qualify. As long as you do any meet before then with a national qualifying standard, you'll be good.

I think he's 75kg right now.

At the moment he's squatting 175kg, benching 105kg and deadlifting 210kg.

He should be a touch above all those lifts, its just that he hasnt attempted a PB since he started my new program.

What class are your boys lifting in?

67.5kg - Blake - teen (18-19)

75kg - Junior Matt

140 + - Luke reynolds - opens

Will be good with Max doing the 75kg's coz I don't think there are many teen lifters!

You dont understand.

You'll need a total good enough to be allowed to lift at Nationals.

Its the National Championships, you have to qualify. As long as you do any meet before then with a national qualifying standard, you'll be good.

whats a good enough total? if i total 530kg will that be enough? 100kg raw class.

just had a look. 530 is good enough for 4th grade, i assume the table i looked it is equipped.

Last edited:
He may not be eating, he is growing too quickly, ultimately he may lift in the 82.5kg lol the same skinny kid who was 51kg less than 2 years ago.

You can lift at any comp.

Speaking to Paul Nay, he said he would like as many raw lifters competing at Nationals as possible. He hasnt released qualifying totals yet, he'll wait till all the States are over.

You know you can stay at my place if you come down for the States big fella, save money, screw paying for a motel.

Same goes for all your Canberrian Ass Clowns coming down for the Nationals