• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

purchase tractor tyre for trye flip excercise

A

antlax

anyone know where to get old tractor tyres - to be used for flipping and other exercises - in Adelaide

Just go to a tyre place mate they give them away for free - look in the local phone book or just have a drive around.

i went to a local tractor centre and they gave me a big one, i flip for reps, i forget what size....

Just be up front and ask nicely, i would ask to speak the manager.

and dont forget a ute to drag the dam thing home lol... enjoy getting it in the back of the ute tho :) lol

I just got one today from a tyre place around the corner from me (Sydney).
They can be had for free as others have mentioned.
Mine is only 80kg, 1300mm diameter x 450mm wide.
The tread pattern is nice and close and quite flat, unlike like some tractor tyres.

Will be keeping an eye out for a heavier one now.

Good luck in finding one.

Whenever you want something from an Aussie bloke beer will do it.
A six pack to a slab depending on the favour.

Apart from flipping, what are some other exercises the heavy tire can be used for?

Sledgehammer! They really gas you, try a complex, 10 right shoulder, 10 left shoulder, 10 alternating, 10 left shoulder deceleration swings, 10 left shoulder deceleration swings.

[YOUTUBE]gQkHX7nI9SE[/YOUTUBE]

Personally i get my tyre over on the rugby field flip it a 100m and then do this complex, flip it back and go again. Absolutely brutal...

Apart from flipping, what are some other exercises the heavy tire can be used for?

I saw a dude years ago with a couple of bike tubes looped together and then looped around a tyre.He slipped the end tube around his waist and ran around a 400m track towing it behind.I`ve also seen a footy team carrying car tyres on their shoulder while running and alternating shoulders every so often.

I've seen a few combinations of flipping with jumping on and off, or on into on off then flip it again, as well as the sledgehammer deal. I just got mine when we got a tyre changed on my truck at work. It's not massive but neither am I so it should do for now.

My rugby club has a harness with elastic band used to hook onto a car tyre or similar. You start running and once the elastic is stretched you have to keep powering on or you end up with a start and stop rhythm. The first time we tried it I decided to do a lap around the pitch, it seemed like a good idea at the time but 200m later not so much.

I managed to find a tractor tyre, although it may be a little light. Any suggestions on how to add weight to it?

The biggest tractor wreckers in SA is Wrights Tractor Wreckers. Lew Brindley is also a wrecker down that way. If you were in qld I would find you one with a hole in it for free.
Posted via Mobile Device

Try and get the size 18.4x30 if your a normal sort of size. If your huge get an 18.4x38.. Gold on the glutes!
Posted via Mobile Device

Really want a tyre for home.
My property sslopes aand I have a 150m long side access.
Would be perfect!

Really want a tyre for home.
My property sslopes aand I have a 150m long side access.
Would be perfect!

Like what others have said in this thread, go to a tyre place and they are happy to give old ones away because they have to pay to get rid of them.

Hey Karen, PTC got theres from a place in Minto, I've been meaning to ask where, might be good for you too, not to far away.