• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When to use protien shakes

R

rotas

Hi, im thinking about getting some protien shakes for working out and i was wondering when i should have them, before or after the workout?

Both.

One as soon as you wake up. One half an hour before a workout, and one straight after a workout.

A micellar caesine is always good to have before you go to bed to keep in positive nitrogen balance through out the night. Such products as Ultimate Nutrition Magic milk and Max's Nitetime formula are probably your best bets.

Last edited by a moderator:
A micellar caesine is always good to have before you go to bed to keep in positive nitrogen balance through out the night. Such products as Ultimate Nutrition Magic milk and Max's Nitetime formula are probably your best bets.

Y not just buy on casein if a casein is the way to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
from what i have been told one as soon as I wake up and one after workout and one just before bed.....

is it just me or does taking these protein shakes first thing in the morning play with ur guts a bit???

Just eat eggs in the morning, the protein will absorb quick enough and it's more tasty and satisfying.

If your like me and still cant comprehend spending $100 on a tub of protein that will only last a few months, just take one after every workout. So for me thats 4 times a week atm. Just make sure youre getting enough protein during the day.

You guys know of any particularly good Protein brands?

For example, i've heard of Venom 100% Pure Whey Protein, which is apparently quite good. Any help?

from what i have been told one as soon as I wake up and one after workout and one just before bed.....

is it just me or does taking these protein shakes first thing in the morning play with ur guts a bit???

I have one first thing in the morning mainly because I am not hungry until an hour or so after I get up.As to when I have the other one it`s after a workout or it depends on how much protein and when I have eaten during the day to keep my intake as constant as possible.