• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best weight to start with?

60kg's is the best weight to start with
50kg's is too light , and 70kg's is too heavy
go for the middle ground :p

It depends how strong choose a weight that you think is right test it out if its too light up the weight until it gives you a bit of a challenge

60kg's is the best weight to start with
50kg's is too light , and 70kg's is too heavy
go for the middle ground :p
lol

No one can you tell what the is the right weight to start with it , it all comes down to you, start off with some light weights then work your way up

im new to this although id have to say it depends on your weight, height and maybe age.

i use to weigh 78 and decided before i would do weight lifting id lose some more weight first, so i set a goal to lose 15kg.
now that i've accomplished that goal, im now aiming on gaining more muscular.
good luck!

everyone needs to set those goals to strive for , gives you something to work towards, a sense of accomplishment

Start with the lightest, then work your way up till you can do between 8 and 12 reps to muscle failure.

start with something that gives you a bit of a challenge ,not too light not too heavy just right

What Determins Muscle Failure, I have just started, and have set the weights, so that I can do 10 - 12 Reps on the first set, things are sore by that point, on the second set I can just get to 8-10 Reps, after say 30-60 Second Rest period.

Muscle failure means that you cannot do any more reps with good form. If you can't do eight strict reps, the weight's too heavy. If you can do more than 12, the weight's too light. Adjust the weight for your next set.

it's far better to use a weight that allows you to perform the movement correctly than to cheat with a heavy weight that will, sooner or later, result in an injury.

Thanks, for that I atucally posted this question on a new thread, (appologies if this was wrong) as Im still getting used to using a forum.

Cheers

no need to apologize for anything , there was no harm done , don't worry about it :)
answered in your other post too