• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] When cars are your friend

A

ando

As we all know that most of the time when out riding cars area pain but sometimes they can come in useful to help protect you in different situations for example

1. Going through a roundabout. If you see a car going through a roundabout stick closely behind the car it will offer you protection from others that don't give way. If they see a car already on the roundabout they will giveway. The trick is to follow fairly close, but still be aware of your surrounds

2. Going through traffic lights. I hate going through traffic lights on my own. I much prefer to go through an intersection with a car next to me heading in the same direction. For the same reason others will giveway if they see another car in the interesection

3. Cars coming out of side streets. When you approach a side street and see a car ready to pull out if you hear another vehicle coming up behind you dont need to worry so much as they will wait for the other car to pass.most times anyway

i'm sure that there is a few more situations where cars offer some protection, apart from getting a free ride (hand on the car towing) as that situation is just dangerous

while the above situations do offer some help , always keep an eye for others drivers look ahead beside and behind you , make sure you know what's going on around you

i thought those were pretty much common sense , except when tailing cars stay out of the blind spot

The rule i was always taught was , Ride as if you were invisible

Anticipate problems before those exist

1. Be bright! Wear a reflective vest or a bright colourful jersey. Avoid backpacks or dark clothing that makes it difficult to see you.

2. Don’t assume that a driver has seen you. Unless you can make eye contact with the driver, assume that they haven’t seen you and act accordingly, ESPECIALLY at night. Even if you make contact assume that they haven't seen you

3. Light up. If you're riding at night, White light on the frnt and red light on the rear. Under Australian law you are legally required to have a working front and back light when riding at night.

4. Carefully choose your route. Ride along bike or dual paths wherever possible.

5. Choose slow streets.

6. Don't ride too close to the curb. Give yourself a little space between yourself and the curb. Leave at least a metre between you and parked cars.

7. Cyclists are legally allowed to occupy one lane.