• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc physical transformation challenge

PTC

[FONT=&quot]PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTRE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ANNOUNCEMENT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE[/FONT]

Just this week I had a couple of clients discussing the Body for life challenge that has been around for about 15 years. It was the brainchild of Bill Phillips, a very clever man.

The reason I liked it was that it showed what can be achieved with some discipline. The workouts were ordinary, the cardio poor, the diet sensible and the supplements unnecessary, but good for EAS, his supplement company. To enter the initial contest, you had to buy EAS supplements and send in the receipts. Clever man.

Anyway, it works. Go figure. Eat 504 consecutive planned meals, and you will lose fat. Who would’ve thought? Okay, enough of the sarcasm. What Bill did was target mainly non lifters who looked poor, got them to lift weights twice a week, do some pointless cardio and CLEAN UP THEIR DIETS. The exercise for them wasn’t as important as you may think. Any novice will make progress at the start, regardless of the type of exercise. Machines, cables, free weights, it doesn’t really matter. If you haven’t lifted before, any resistance training will work initially. How long I hear you ask? About 3 months, the length of Bills comp. Told you he was smart. What was accurate was the frequency of his training. I’m sorry, but once a week won’t cut it.

Anyone already lifting will need to train a fair bit harder than what’s listed in Bills program, but that’s no big deal. The cardio will need to be more intense as well. ANY cardio is effective for a non trainer, but if you’re already training at PTC, fluff will be pointless.

Now, onto the PTC Challenge. This will be done a little differently. Firstly, you must be a PTC client. I’m really not interested in those that train elsewhere, there are plenty of other challenges for them. I want to see with my own eyes how a contestant is doing. This challenge will last 16 weeks. This will sort out those that are serious with those that aren’t.

It’s not just the physical appearance I will be interested in, but the progress you make in strength. I don’t want people to simply starve themselves, I want them to buy into the complete PTC ideal BIGGER, STRONGER, LEANER, FITTER, FASTER.

I will start this comp from Monday the 15th of March. It is free to enter. I will be the sole judge of the winner. The prize is your new body, and I’ll throw in a hoodie and a week’s free training. I want people to do this for themselves, not for a grand cash prize. Motivation needs to come for the right reasons. Anyone that actually completes the 16 weeks will be a winner. This isn’t marketing talk, as I’m not selling anything. Every now and again someone needs a kick up the ass. This is the kick. I showed recently the progress Sean made by showing some discipline, now it’s your turn.

I would like to take a pic of the competitors, but it’s not a big deal if you don’t want too, but it may help your cause. I will need you to weigh in, and I’ll try and get a body fat composition test done for each competitor. The strength issue is easy for me to judge, as I know what you all lift. The fitness side will be determined by one of my cardio exercises.

Remember, it’s not just weight loss that will determine the winner, it’s the whole package. I have former clients that are struggling for motivation, I hope this is it. I have current clients treading water, I hope this helps.

If you know of someone that needs this challenge to get them out of their rut, let them know. If you’re a skinny runt, get involved. If you’re overweight and unhealthy, sign up, its free, the only cost is your laziness.

The physical prize is trivial, the mental prize is as big as it gets.

How much can you improve in 16 weeks?

PTC is open 6 days a week, I have 3 cardio sessions a week, I have 118 newsletters with nutritional information. I have everything you need. No excuses.

Cheers

Markos

PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTRE
UPDATE
PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE

Pleasantly surprised by the response to this challenge. It appears there were quite a few that needed a little motivation.

Okay, so I have been bombarded by questions, I will attempt to answer them all here.

You don’t have to have your pic taken, but I believe it would be an advantage. Nobody other than me will see your pics, unless you want them displayed or you decide to show someone else.

Anyone training 3 times a week or more at PTC will be given a customised diet. If you’re going to lift once or twice, you’re not being fully committed, so it’s pointless me putting more hours in than I need to. These diets take time to write, and I’m happy to help anyone that’s fully committed to making drastic changes to their physiques in 16 weeks. For those that say they train alone on the other days, that’s cool, but very few lifters replicate the intensity without a supervisor, that’s why the majority come to PTC.

I am doing this to show you what you’re capable of. Every single person that trains can alter their appearance drastically with some effort and discipline. Most truly don’t know what’s required, most tread water.

Last night Emma came and trained at 6.00pm. She joined a group of young men, aged 16-18. She couldn’t believe how hard they trained. They dragged her into their work zone and she was wasted. She has been at PTC for awhile, but she has never trained like that before.

She usually trains with another bunch of girls. It would be fair to say that this group of footballers and basketballers train MUCH harder than her usual group. This would happen across the board. This group of young guys are fresh and keen. Time jades everybody, and they simply go through the motions. I’m not going to yell and argue with you. Too often people refuse to do what I ask, even Max.

Anyone interested in extra sessions with a different group, just contact me and I’ll arrange it.

Everyone wants to specialize on the easy shit. Twenty rep squats are hard, I get it. Now stop crying and train.

Show me you’re serious and you get a custom diet. I’m sick and tired of working out diets for clients only to have them ignore them.

Next, Brent has offered to test body fat percentages for those taking up the challenge. Brent will be training at 6.00pm on Tuesday, so anyone TRAINING at 7.00pm and onwards on Tuesday can be tested free. He will also be at the gym next Saturday, two days before we begin. These are the only times Brent will test for free. If you want to be tested outside these training times, I will get together with Brent and find out when he’s available and how much it will cost. This is a service provided generously by Brent. I don’t simply want every PTC client rocking up on Tuesday at 7.00 simply to be tested, it’s only for those training. The following Saturday will be the last free chance for the test.

Brent has a great software program that goes with this test, your results will be stored in his lap top, we will then be able to check against them on subsequent tests.

You may ask why the 3 sessions a week? Once a week won’t cut it. There are 9000 calories in a kilo of fat. The hardest training session you do will burn 500-600 calories per hour. I would guess that the average lifter in a gym burns closer to 200 calories per hour. If you train once a week, in 16 weeks you will have burnt 9600 calories in the gym, just over 1kg of fat. The rest of the loss would have to come from caloric restrictions. Nobody wants to starve themselves. If you consume 500 calories a day under maintenance level, that’s another 6kg of weight loss. You will end up roughly 7kg lighter, if you get it all right.

Try this scenario. Three weight sessions a week, one cardio. That’s nearly 4 ½ kg losses through exercise alone. Let’s reduce calories by 600 calories a day for those truly dedicated ones. That’s another 7 ½ kg through calorie restriction. A 12kg fat loss will be so dramatic, you have no idea. I’m not even accounting for the water loss, which can be very high if you’ve been eating junk.

Those that are very heavy will lose much more. Those figures above are for an average person. The heavier you are, the more calories you burn while exercising. The heavier you are, the more crap you’ve been eating, therefore calorie restriction will bring about more weight loss.

When most people go on a diet, they lose big kilos early. Its water, don’t get excited. Like I’ve stated, a kilo of fat has 9000 calories, nobody can calorie restrict to the tune of 45,000 calories in a week, which is what a 5kg fat loss represents. Even if you were able to eat 1000 calories UNDER maintenance, you’ll only lose ¾ of a kilo in fat in a week.

This is where most stuff up and suffer. Ignorance.

“Oh, I’m on a diet, I’ve lost 7kg in a week” Idiots, they simply don’t know a single thing about the body. Once all the water is gone, and weight loss drops to 500gm a week, they figure it’s not working and not worthwhile, so they return to their gluttoness ways.

When I talk about weight loss, I’m talking about fat. I don’t give a toss what you lose in the first week. I know its water. Fat Dave got stirred into action after the tale of two titties newsletter. He went from 106kg to 102kg in a week. Since then he has lost around 200gms in 5 days. This is when most give up.

Using the formula above, we know Dave didn’t lose 4kg of fat. Make no mistake, 4kg of fat makes a huge difference to your appearance. He doesn’t look any different. There is no way he has created a 36,000 calorie deficit through exercise and eating in a week. It’s simple math.

That’s why this challenge is going to last 16 weeks. Hopefully at the end of it, for those that see it through, you will never have weight issues again.

Now what about you poindexters? Can’t get muscle? There are 4500 calories in a kilo of muscle, made up of protein. Eat an excess of 4500 calories of protein, just over 1000gms, and presto, an extra kilo of muscle.

Pay attention, this is why I get the big bucks. Thirty percent of the calorie proteins you eat get used in digesting the protein. So out of that 1000gms, were now down to 700gms. Next, our body can’t assimilate 100% of the protein we eat, it may even be as low as 50% in some lifters, we also excrete some of it. How much of that 700gms were left with, no one knows. I’d say in most cases it could be as low as 300gms. That means it could take 15 weeks to gain 1kg of muscle if you’re eating around 200gms of extra protein. Those that can assimilate more than 50% will obviously gain that kilo quicker, maybe 10 weeks, but that is rare. Very, very few people gain 5kg of muscle in a year. Notice I said muscle, not weight.

It’s a crack up when someone tells me they gained 8kg of muscle in 2 months. Let’s analyse this. We know 1kg of muscle is 4500 calories, that’s 1125gms of protein. Eight kilograms is 9000gms of protein over and above maintenance. We lose 30% of those digesting it, that means we need another 2700gms, but we lose ANOTHER 30% of that number, another 900gms. Let’s call it 12,000 gms all up to gain 8kg in 2 months. I’m not going to bore you, but that equates to 215gms of protein over and above maintenance level each and every day, but only if you’re the chosen one, a genetic freak whose body absorbs every single gram of protein you eat. If you weigh 90kg, your already consuming 500gms of protein a day, considering after the digestive process your left with 350gms, that takes you to 700gms of protein consumed a day. You guys have guessed by now it’s not humanly possible to gain that much muscle in that time frame.

Remember, lifting weights is simply a trigger for muscle growth, all the work is done at the dinner table. It won’t matter if you train 14 times a week, lifting weights is a trigger.

See why it’s hard to get big. See why it’s important to NEVER EVER MISS A MEAL.

Diet is everything when it comes to muscle gain. Train 3 times a week at PTC, and I will give you a diet. Not that you will follow it because you have no idea how hard it is, but I’ll give you one. If this sounds too hard, stick to drinking NoExplode.

The upside to all this gloom is that a 5-10kg fat loss alters appearance dramatically in a normal person, and a 5kg muscle gain leads people to assume you’re being chemically assisted.

Stay 16 weeks, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

PTC PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE
UPDATE # 2
Challenge starts today. I will have the camera in the gym for those that are participating. I will not publish ANY pics without the subjects consent.

Lots of you are waiting for diets, and they will come, but before I waste my time, I’m going to challenge you.

Diets take a considerable time to write out. The majority of free ones I do are not followed.

I will give the competitors simple tips, one’s that are easily followed. They will help with fat loss and muscle gain. I have found that most collapse under the “stress” of completely changing their eating habits, and most of you will need to do this.

A better approach will be to slowly introduce changes. This will help on two fronts. Firstly, you won’t be overwhelmed, and secondly, I won’t be wasting my time with those that don’t have the discipline.

I won’t bother with training tips, as you’ll be training at PTC. You guys know that 1-2 sessions a week won’t be quite enough for a total transformation, but you will improve, it just gives you no room to move with diet AT ALL.

FAT LOSS

Tip # 1. Consume no calories from drink. No sodas, no milk, no sugar, no alcohol, no protein drinks.

Diet sodas, water, black coffee with no sugar, green tea or regular tea with no milk, these are okay. This is extremely simple, but I believe its where most will fail, cutting down the amount of diets I’ll need to do.

For those of you that want a diet straight away, patience. This is a 16 week challenge, that’s 112 days, 672 meals, stop stressing, and just get through the first bit.

WEIGHT GAIN

Tip # 1. GOMAD. Drink a gallon of milk a day. Simple. Every day, drink 4 litres of milk, full cream. That’s 8 x 500ml glasses. Drink 6 with your 6 meals, one after training, and one before bed.

I’m not sure I can make it any easier than that. This alone will add weight to fruity asses that have been struggling for years. Do this for 2 weeks and wait for tip # 2.

FITNESS

Tip # 1. Sprint. Simple hey? Run as fast as you can for between 10-30 seconds. Do it as often as you can. You can do it on weight training days, rest days, any day. Don’t jog, don’t walk, don’t run....SPRINT.

Do this a few times a week for 2 weeks, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at your progress. It’s a great primer for the next tip.

STRENGTH

Tip # 1. Train at PTC 3 times a week. This may appear like self promotion, but I’m being honest. I know some of you train hard at other gyms, but my workouts are more effective. If you want to argue, come watch Max squat 2.5 x bodyweight this week, and he may attempt 3 x bodyweight deadlift.

We’ll discuss your training then, after you show me what you can do. Arrogant? Maybe. Accurate? Yes.

BIGGER-FASTER-LEANER- STRONGER-FITTER

Markos

UPDATE # 3

Anyone left? How many of you were able to follow the tips issued in update # 2? I’m guessing most would have stuffed up somewhere along the way, but that’s cool, I have factored in the lack of discipline most of you posses, hence why the challenge is 16 weeks long.

Don’t think because you stuffed up that it’s all over, you’re just staying true to form. Regardless of when we stuff up, we just get over it and pick up where we left off. The real losers are the ones that stuff up and then figure it’s pointless and quit.

I sometimes feel that people deliberately stuff up just so they can say they tried and quit. It’s like a lifter missing a lift and saying “oh well, I tried, I failed, I quit”. It’s no different with diet. Sometimes you’ll miss that meal, you’ll eat that sandwich, and you’ll drink that wine. Start again, try for another two weeks of no slip ups.

It’s true you won’t do as well as someone who doesn’t slip up, but it’s about you, never forget that.

I have had quite a few queries as to my tips. Some feel they’re not enough, it’s too simple. Some just don’t get it. Just like lifting weights, it needs to be progressive. The gains need to be consistent.

Dim is attempting to gain weight and get stronger. He deadlifted 185kg for a 5kg PB on Wednesday. He missed Saturday’s squat session with Max, so I don’t know if his squat is up. He will weigh in today so I can see if the milk thing has helped him.

Max is doing the same thing as Dim, strength and weight gain. He added the 4 litres of milk to his diet last week. He had been off the milk for a couple of months and was getting quite lean. He weighed 71.1kg first thing in the morning and was 12% body fat. Exactly one week later, first thing in the morning he was 73.9kg. He will simply weigh himself on Monday morning, a week of following the tips to a tee. He is doing this for me so I can see if my tips are working. So far so good, a 2.8kg increase in 7 days.

The added weight has helped his lifting too. He deadlifted 210kg, a 10kg increase on Wednesday and squatted 175kg on Saturday, a 5kg increase. More on this later.

When I get accurate figures I will let everyone know some lifters are going. I hope to get some numbers tonight.

Now for the second round of tips. As a refresher, here are the first set of tips in case you missed them, forgot them or didn’t pay attention.

FAT LOSS

Tip # 1. Consume no calories from drink. No sodas, no milk, no sugar, no alcohol, no protein drinks.

Diet sodas, water, black coffee with no sugar, green tea or regular tea with no milk, these are okay. This is extremely simple, but I believe its where most will fail, cutting down the amount of diets I’ll need to do.

For those of you that want a diet straight away, patience. This is a 16 week challenge, that’s 112 days, 672 meals, stop stressing, and just get through the first bit.

Tip # 2. Have 5-6 small meals a day. Each meal must contain a lean protein such as steak, chicken, fish or eggs, roughly the size of your palm, and vegetables, roughly the size of your clenched fist. No measuring or weighing required....yet. Very simple to carry out, easier than the first tip.

WEIGHT GAIN

Tip # 1. GOMAD. Drink a gallon of milk a day. Simple. Every day, drink 4 litres of milk, full cream. That’s 8 x 500ml glasses. Drink 6 with your 6 meals, one after training, and one before bed.

I’m not sure I can make it any easier than that. This alone will add weight to fruity asses that have been struggling for years. Do this for 2 weeks and wait for tip # 2.

Tip # 2. Add one scoop of whey protein to one of your glasses of milk per day. As a heads up, you will be adding protein to an extra glass of milk each week, till by week 7 you will be having a mountain load of protein, needed to feed your extra 10 kg of weight. You will now be getting an extra 210gms of protein a week.

FITNESS

Tip # 1. Sprint. Simple hey? Run as fast as you can for between 10-30 seconds. Do it as often as you can. You can do it on weight training days, rest days, any day. Don’t jog, don’t walk, don’t run....SPRINT.

Do this a few times a week for 2 weeks, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at your progress. It’s a great primer for the next tip.

Tip # 2. Add a KB or BB complex to the end of each session. When you have finished your regular weight session, simply do a complex of roughly 100 reps. The most effective BB complexes are ones where you don’t let go of the bar from start to finish, the KB combinations are endless.

STRENGTH

Tip # 1. Train at PTC 3 times a week. This may appear like self promotion, but I’m being honest. I know some of you train hard at other gyms, but my workouts are more effective. If you want to argue, come watch Max squat 2.5 x bodyweight this week, and he may attempt 3 x bodyweight deadlift.

Tip # 2. Train so hard that you can’t possibly not get stronger. Too often lifters quit sets because they get hard. I currently have one lifter who has been going backwards because of his inability to push himself lately. I also have lifters who don’t understand failure. On Saturday, Nick squatted 162.5kg for 20 reps. How can he NOT get stronger. Max squatted alone on Saturday morning, he was aiming for a PB, but he had no training partners. He stopped at 160kg, 10kg short of his best. He went and got something to eat, and squatted with Nick when he got in. He then squatted 175kg. Most would have not bothered. Train so hard that you can’t possibly not get stronger.

Just a couple of other things. In the Herald Sun today they have a weight loss guide with 10 tips. Five of them are regarding drinking calories. Wine, low carb beer, energy drinks, fruit juice and creamy coffee. Wine was # 1. We had a colourful discussion on this subject on Wednesday in the gym. Far too many intelligent people argue for the benefits of wine. Denial.

A few of you were surprised when I told you not to drink protein drinks. Far too many use them as a band aid. You will be required to have protein drinks later, but first you need to be taught the discipline of preparing meals.

Missed sessions. These will severely hamper your progress in every category. The information I provide for you is correct. I give the same diet advice to you guys that I give Max and Nina. Max tested at 12% body fat and Nina at 15%. They are the leanest tested so far for men and women. I didn’t get Jesse tested as to not scare you guys off, he would be single digits.

Max followed the training and weight gain tips to a tee. Fifteen kg to his total and 2.8kg weight gain. In a week. Some don’t accomplish this in a year. Some say they can’t get to PTC 3 times a week, I get it. Harvey is getting here 3 times a week now, trying to gain weight, as he weighs just 56kg. He lives in St Albans, a 1hr45m drive in peak hour traffic.

Sprinting. We use a 136m track as a guide. It involves running around a post and back. We do it 3 times generally. On Saturday Armando, Dave and Nina did 3 sprints each, one at a time, one after another. Dave clocked 23sec on his first and 30sec on his 3rd. Armando clocked 24sec and 30sec on his 3rd. Nina clocked 27sec on her first and 28sec on her 3rd. Each runner clocked a PB or extremely close to it on their first sprint. How quickly you recover from these is the key to fitness, as long as your first time was within a bee’s dick to your PB. Without measuring you can’t check progress.

Markos

UPDATE #4
Hi everyone i'm XXXX 43year old male 180cm and have a fat issue.A couple of years ago i got to 102kg with body fat of about 32%.My wife and i went on a diet and i got down to 84kg with body fat of about 19%.Since then i have gone back up to 92kg with body fat of about 27%.

I have just started to count my calories and am on about 2200 cal a day.I checked back to the diet i was on realised that the calories that i was on was about 1200 cal a day which is way to low as i was exercising 4-5 times per week.What i am struggling with is the fact that i am still putting on fat at 2200 cal which i thought would be low enough with the exercise i am doing.

My current execise routine is hiit training twice per week for about 20 min at atime after a 30 full body weights routine which is mainly compound exercises whith about 40 sec rest between sets[usually quite stuffed after the workouts] usually about 500 cal burned per workout according to my heart rate moniter.Plus i do 45 min steady cardio 2-3 time per week heart rate about 70% . What i am thinking is my body slowed down on that terrible low diet i was on and that it is now fighting me from losing that fat again.
I love exercise and doing weights but don,t know if i should slow down or raise cal or what as i seem to put on that body fat so easily.If anyone could give advise i would appricate it.Sorry about me going on and the terrible typing i dont type much ta XXXX

I found this on a forum on the weekend. I don’t know this person but his story is so typical. The only way to lose weight for life is to increase your BMR. Calories restriction simply leads to the Yo-Yo effect. It would have been MUCH easier for him at his original starting point. Now he is getting fatter at a mere 2200 calories, it will be much, much harder.

To correct his situation, we need to build muscle. To build muscle, you need X amount of calories, more than 2200, which is really low, but he states he is getting fat at 2200 calories, so we need to go lower, which now makes building muscle more difficult.

I hope you guys out there walking and missing meals are reading this, this is how obesity begins. The main stream media is clueless on this subject, and people don’t know where to turn.

I have contacted this person, it’s up to him to get back to me and I’ll see if I can help. He appears to have a good work ethic and discipline, he just got stuck with the wrong information. I’ll keep you all posted if anything eventuates.

So what’s been happening with the lifters who have taken on the PTC Physical Transformation Challenge?

I have 23 pics up on the wall in the gym, and two weeks later, there are only 2 who haven’t missed a session (I’m only counting those that train 3 times a week at PTC). Nina and Max are not included because they can’t win.

Simmo and Harvey are the 2 that have made every session. Interestingly, they are the heaviest and lightest. Simmo lives around the corner and Harvey drives over 90 minutes 3 times a week.

As far as eating goes, the honest ones have told me that their diet isn’t going too well. That’s why I didn’t want to waste my time writing out 23 nutrition plans.

I have very little to report on weight loss so far, so I’ll wait till someone buckles down. As far as weight gain goes, Max weighed in at 74.5kg, another 600gms up from last week. That makes it 3.5kg in the first 2 weeks. He will be competing at the State Powerlifting Titles in May, and he wants to compete in the 75kg class, so he won’t go much over 76-77kg till then, dieting down to 74.9kg 24 hours before the comp. In the evenings he is weighing as much as 78.5kg, but his OFFICIAL weigh in is Monday morning first thing in jocks.

I’ll provide some more tips this week, mainly for those playing at home, as I don’t feel those at PTC are making the effort. Funnily enough, some competitors were disgusted by their pics on my gym wall, I guess it’s not enough motivation.

FAT LOSS

Tip # 2. Have 5-6 small meals a day. Each meal must contain a lean protein such as steak, chicken, fish or eggs, roughly the size of your palm, and vegetables, roughly the size of your clenched fist. No measuring or weighing required....yet. Very simple to carry out, easier than the first tip.

Tip # 3. Show some ****ing discipline. Everyone knows what foods contribute to our fat gain, don’t eat them. I’m not there to hold your hand, show some discipline.

WEIGHT GAIN

Tip # 2. Add one scoop of whey protein to one of your glasses of milk per day. As a heads up, you will be adding protein to an extra glass of milk each week, till by week 7 you will be having a mountain load of protein, needed to feed your extra 10 kg of weight. You will now be getting an extra 210gms of protein a week.

Tip # 3. Add another scoop of whey to a second glass of milk. That’s 2 glasses of milk with a scoop of whey protein added per day. You are now getting an extra 420gms of protein per week since week one.

FITNESS

Tip # 2. Add a KB or BB complex to the end of each session. When you have finished your regular weight session, simply do a complex of roughly 100 reps. The most effective BB complexes are ones where you don’t let go of the bar from start to finish, the KB combinations are endless.

Tip # 3. Do 20 burpees every day, adding one a day for the rest of the challenge. Pretty self explanatory. I don’t care when you do them, just make sure you increase the number by one every day. Do them all in one set.

STRENGTH

Tip # 2. Train so hard that you can’t possibly not get stronger. Too often lifters quit sets because they get hard. I currently have one lifter who has been going backwards because of his inability to push himself lately. I also have lifters who don’t understand failure. On Saturday, Nick squatted 162.5kg for 20 reps. How can he NOT get stronger. Max squatted alone on Saturday morning, he was aiming for a PB, but he had no training partners. He stopped at 160kg, 10kg short of his best. He went and got something to eat, and squatted with Nick when he got in. He then squatted 175kg. Most would have not bothered. Train so hard that you can’t possibly not get stronger.

Tip # 3. Set yourself a goal. Set a goal that you want to achieve, and structure your program to achieve that. I have a few lifters at PTC entering a comp soon, so they all have structured programs.

Until next week, please try and show some discipline, as I keep telling everyone, the only thing between what you look like and what you want to look like is you.

Stay strong, stay raw, stay under 20%.

Markos

2010 mate, started a few weeks ago, I posted this here because of questions by some.

Quite a few forum members would have got this from the very start.

I might get back on the wagon, I had fallen off lately since i stopped working and started uni.

Reading those is a good kick in the ass markos.

I'll start my 16 weeks from nao.

I started my 16 weeks at the start of the year (my bday happens to be 16 weeks into the year), so I'm now 12 weeks in. Have lost 6kg so far (86->80) and look very different, and also got much stronger than before (5 lifts total from 385kg to 560kg). I've followed pretty much everything posted here, although I have a glass of wine sometimes when I go out (9 in total so far), which I will cut out for the next 4 weeks.

Haven't done these: complexes at the end of workout, 20+ burpees everyday.

Will add them for the next 4 weeks.

decrease fat by increasing you're BMR? That' sounds like a pretty freakin' sweet deal!!

This is somethin' i'll be following for sure.

That is a superb effort Tiny Dancer

Thanks Markos, and thanks again for the newsletters!

When I started reading them 5 months ago (which was when I started lifting properly instead of just squatting & doing cardio), I saw that your newsletters were telling people, if they want to achieve their goals, they need to:

- Work hard
- Have discipline
- Be patient

I thought: "hey this guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about! Let's stick to his advice for a few months & see how it goes!" :cool:

Markos, I have a couple of questions.

Doing the DB/BB complexes for 100 reps at the end of my weight session is a struggle, to say the least. One, I don't have enough time and two, I'm almost dead by then! However, I do them on my cardio sessions (BB/DB complex in one, burpees in the other), twice a week. Is that good enough? Or do you crazy people at PTC do both - end of weight sessions and in cardio sessions?

This one isn't quite relevant to this thread, but has been on my mind. The "Overhead" category in PTC 5 lifts total: is it simply however you can get a weight from rack to overhead lock out, regardless of whether you military-press, push press or jerk? It's not too clear from the videos (whether it's push press or jerk) but it looks like your lifters do a mix of all of them. I train all 3, but jerk (split) the most weight overhead.

Last edited:
Increase your workout intensity, i can squat, SLDL, Bench and jerk from a rack in 45 minutes. The bar must go from your shoulders to overhead from the rack, how you get it there is up too you.

Try doing EXTRA cardio in the morning.

Each client is different in regards to their conditioning work.

The overhead can be MP, PP , jerk from in front or behind, whatever your best at.

They all take it from the rack as they hit their lowerback on the other 3 lifts.

Nick has the current record with 142.5kg jerk/pp behind the head. He PP 125kg in front a long time ago, would be more now.