• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chicken Seasoning

birch

Just wondering how everyone seasons their chicken? I've been finding my plain chicken tenderloins to be getting a bit boring and need some ideas. Bought some Piri Piri seasoning the other day but it says 'Hot', which I'm not a big fan of..

I've been using chilli powder, peri peri, Morocan spices, Italian spices. Just go to the spice section of the supermarket, there are literally hundreds of different spices.

I find this a pretty killer recipe!

Chicken breast (sliced into halves)
Ground sea salt
Fresh Ground pepper
Fresh Lemon Juice
Lemon Rind
Sprinkle of Basil
Garlic Salt
Moroccan Spice for colour

Rub it all over your chicken,

whack it on the grill BUT!!

as soon as each side is seared (should only take 30s or so) pull out the chicken and throw it back in your mixture. Cover and baste for another 2 minutes a cook through on the grill :)

Result?

Flavorsome juicy chicken :)

just tried a great recipe for my chicken breasts.

whole chicken breast
olive oil
lemon juice
cajun spices
paprika
cayenne pepper
chilli flakes
salt
pepper

grab your chicken breasts and put them in a pan. drizzle with olive oil over the breasts and all over the pan. rub salt and pepper into the breasts. dust with the spices, adding as much or as little as you like. as you can see its going to have some kick in it :) finish by squeezing the juice of a lemon over the breast.
place in a preheated oven an 180c for 20 minutes, then turn, then another 20 minutes.

result is juicy, tender breasts with a fair bit of kick :)

i serve this with a leafy green salad topped with olive oil and lemon juice

masterfoods actually make chicken seasoning, get it at all supermarkets. it's nice and is low in cals