• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pull 200kg - deadlift program

PTC

The entire program has been re written and changed.

pm me if you want to know more

Cheers

Markos

Last edited:
I guess, although I think the work sets arent that difficult.

the guys at ns.com have put up a spread sheet so you can simply add your figure and it adjusts the weights.

Markos training systems and ideals work plain and simple, All my lifts are a result of his training style and i have not varied the program. So if i can make these lifts with my androgen levels imagine what you guys are capable of..

Also thread hijack markos, if i go on trt am i then not able to compete if i ever choose in a raw federation?

This is good timing!

I just pulled 172.5kg today, and got 180kg to almost knee level then failed. Looking at the program, right now I can do every session in the first four weeks. My 2010 goal just happens to include a 200kg deadlift. You reckon I can start on it, Markos?

###

Also, I'd like to thank you, Markos, for your newsletters. I've been following your fat loss diet in Issue #37 almost religiously (apart from 8 glasses of wine and a BBQ chicken pizza when I was stuck somewhere at night) since the start of the year. I have also incorporated some of the stuff you do at PTC into my training. I got a 6kg fat loss (86kg -> 80kg), likely put on some muscles and my 5 lifts total has gone from 385kg at Christmas to 560kg today. When I started in Jan, I didn't think I'd get such an improvement in only 3 months!

Your stuff works, and once again, thank you, Markos!

Last edited:
Thanks fellas.

Noobs, CAPO has no drug testing, therefore there are no cheats. Cheats only compete in drug tested federations. This will confuse some. The only sports/federations that find athletes cheating are the ones that ban drugs, like the Olympic commitee and so on.

I cant remember one athlete caught cheating at my local Indoor cricket stadium, and its been open for 25 years. Thats an excellent record. They catch 10-20 athletes at every Olympic games. Wanna find cheats, go to a federation that is drug free.

Tiny Dancer, great gains, start the program whenever you like. Who will be # 50 at PTC.

Three tried this morning, one got it to his knees.

Also thread hijack markos, if i go on trt am i then not able to compete if i ever choose in a raw federation?

if you recieve TRT because of your low T levels, there shouldn't be a problem when it comes to a fed that does drug tests, since your getting it for a legit reason. If you were to compete in an IFBB show, for example wouldn't be a problem...they rarely do drug tests. If it was something like ANBA, they do tests, since it's a natural fed...but because of your therapy, ya'd be ok

Pb it doesn't matter wether he is taking it for a legit reason, its still classed as not drug free as it is on the banned list.

I started this today, session 1/9. Will take a week break after 5 sessions. Hope to hit 200kg in 12 weeks total, breaks included. The jump between session 6 and session 7 looks quite challenging.

Anyone else on it? I'll race you to 200kg!

This program is perfect timing for me too, just getting back into training, seriously this time.
Only ever time I tested my deadlift PB about 8 months ago I got 180kg, so the program looks just right.

Dancelot, I'll race you, will start mine tomorrow.
Well, it's not really a race because you should hit 200kg on the last workout in week 9.
Currently 82kg bodyweight, but will likely be over 90kg before this 9 week program is over.

Awesome!

Well, "should" is a big word. I don't think I can DL heavy 9 weeks straight, so I plan to have a week break half way through. And then there are a few weeks in the last half that look quite tough and I'm not sure if I could make all of those lifts by that stage. Might have to repeat a couple of weeks. I'm expecting this to be challenging. :) So it's still a race.

I'm also trying to get leaner, so hopefully will be 77~78kg or less by the end of it (or 80kg with lower BF% would do).

Markos, I have a question regarding assistance work.

Train deadlift just once a week. If you have a weak lockout, do shrugs, bent rows and chins for assistance work. If you are weak off the ground, do rack pulls and UDL's as well as rows, chins and shrugs.

I do rows & chins all the time, and have been doing power shrugs once a week (last week was 165kg, 3x8). Rack pulls and power shrugs are very taxing though, almost as taxing as deadlift. Should I do them in the same session or a different session? I do weights on Tue - Thu - Sat and am already squatting every session (mix of heavy, 20 rep, front squat, overhead squat).

The program posted here is flawed. we abandoned it and threw it away. too many misses too early.

we have been working off a new program, longer duration, more sets, smaller jumps, totally different, forgot to mention that on here. The original thread is gone off ns.com

Anyway, we do assistance work on the same day.

The program is designed for lifters who can clear 140/100/180.

Its based on each lift performed once a week. A fourth day can be set aside for those with a weak lift. Dim deadlifts 185kg and benches 105kg at 70kg, his squat is a poor 130kg, so he squats twice a week.

Your close enough to do the program, but it has to be done in its entirety, you cant just pick and choose bits and pieces.

I have found that some clients are over enthusiastic with their predicted lifts.

The program tells you where your at, it sorts everyone out pretty quick smart.

I'll wait another couple of weeks before I announce anything with this program. I want to make sure the bugs are ironed out.

When completed, I believe it has the ability to be a life long training plan. It incorporates 44 weeks of heavy lifting with 8 weeks of "other" work.

It can take a lifter from 50kg to 350kg.

I will be working on a plan for MP which will be twice a week with a much different rep range and a powerclean one that will need 3 times a week training with different set/rep ranges.

Before I introduce anything like this I test it on my lifters. The easiest thing in the world is to say do this, it will work or your weak. Some very strong lifters failed very early at PTC on the original plan.

stay tuned.

It can take a lifter from 50kg to 350kg.

Looking forward to this

On my gym wall theres a big personal record board, the highest raw (most likely with a belt) deadlift is 300kg, I want to beat that. Just dont have the knowledge how to. Linear progression with heavy triples above 200kg is smashing my nerves to bits!

I had a boy who turned 17 last week pull 190kg last night. He has been lifting at PTC for 3 months. He will soon become the 3rd 17yo to pull 200kg at PTC, 100% raw, no fag belt.

I had a boy who turned 17 last week pull 190kg last night. He has been lifting at PTC for 3 months. He will soon become the 3rd 17yo to pull 200kg at PTC, 100% raw, no fag belt.

thats pretty solid, goodluck to him :)

My mate came over today for my daughters 2nd birthday.
Was just passing some time and loaded up the bar and started doing deads.
He pulled 200kg quite easy, never done deadlifts before, strong guy.
Didn't test any further, but it was getting clode to his limit.
Not a regular trainer, just has a bench at home he uses once in a while.
He could lift alot more if he trained for it.

I pulled 185kg which is a PB for me by 5kg, weighing 84kg.
Was only 80kg 2 weeks ago.
Suprised, as my last PB of 180kg was 18 months ago and I only resumed regular training 2 weeks ago.
In the last 18 months I have done about 6 weeks of deadlifts PPP which was 4 months ago, then got injured and lost weight.

Strong comes back very fast...
Bench is at all time high too.

I'm just about to start a deadlift cycle with PPP to see if I can hit 200kg in the next cycle as well. So I'll race you all to 200!