• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

book reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Read any good books of late ? Tell us what you are currently reading

I'm currently reading " The Freedom Writers Diary"
Shocked by the teenage violence she witnessed during the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles, Erin Gruwell became a teacher at a high school rampant with hostility and racial intolerance. For many of these students - whose ranks included substance abusers, gang members, the homeless, and victims of abuse - Gruwell was the first person to treat them with dignity, to believe in their potential and help them see it themselves. Soon, their loyalty towards their teacher and burning enthusiasm to help end violence and intolerance became a force of its own. Inspired by reading THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK and meeting Zlata Filipovic (the eleven-year old girl who wrote of her life in Sarajevo during the civil war), the students began a joint diary of their inner-city upbringings. Told through anonymous entries to protect their identities and allow for complete candor, THE FREEDOM WRITERS DIARY is filled with astounding vignettes from 150 students who, like civil rights activist Rosa Parks and the Freedom Riders, heard society tell them where to go - and refused to listen.

I'm reading a book about Michael Jordan "One last shot", its really good...only problem is the writer doesnt tell it how it is, sugar coats MJ23 a bit i reckon.

Just finished reading the last of 7 volumes of Stephen King`s Dark Tower series.
Overall pretty good but a bit up and down in places.The storyline gets a bit out of hand at times.
Roland,the main character ,is a pretty cool type.A lightning quick gunfighter and as he is so quick no one ever comes close to beating him but it doesn`t get boring.
7/10 from a big SK fan bit non fans may not get to excited over it.

I just found out that one of my favourite authors Terry Pratchet, has alzheimers.

I'm currently reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson. I've only just started it, but my sister has read the 1st 2 of 3, and highly recomends it.

Its not my usual read, I'm more into Sci Fi and Fiction Fantasy.

I'm readind it while I wait for the next Wheel Of Time, to be released.

A book I read a few years ago but will never forget,

The Damage Done by Warren Fellows.

True story about 2 men that got caught trafficking drugs into Thailand and spent the next 12 years in one of the worlds worst prisons.

They got their protein by eating the cockroaches under the floorboards.

The author didn't want sympathy from his readers, just to make others aware of the consequences of trafficking drugs.

Another good book,

Dinosaur training by Brooks Kubik.

Focuses on developing real world strength by including thick bar training, sandbag and barrel lifting and many other types of lifting not normally seen in your everyday gym.

The book im currently reading, Olympic Weightlifting: A complete guide for Athletes and Coaches by Greg Everett.

Dinosaur training by Brooks Kubik.

Focuses on developing real world strength by including thick bar training, sandbag and barrel lifting and many other types of lifting not normally seen in your everyday gym.

The book im currently reading, Olympic Weightlifting: A complete guide for Athletes and Coaches by Greg Everett.

I've heard that dionsaur training by Brooks is quite good.

Greg's book is my bible with anything related to weightlifting. You sir are a champion

True story about 2 men that got caught trafficking drugs into Thailand and spent the next 12 years in one of the worlds worst prisons.

I've read this book a couple of times -- very powerful and humbling stuff.

My lunchtime book is currently Kamikaze Diaries by Emiko Ohnuki-Tierney. It's part history of Japan's involvement in WWII, part de-bunking myths surrounding the kamikaze and part extracts from diaries of young men trained as pilots as they faced their inevitable deaths. Beautifully researched and written.

They got their protein by eating the cockroaches under the floorboards.

The author didn't want sympathy from his readers, just to make others aware of the consequences of trafficking drugs.

awesome book that. another good book along those lines is "Marching Powder"

im currently reading "The tale of the body thief" by Anne Rice. ive been slowly working through the vampire chronicles over the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.