• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

physio who is a lifter?

puff

ive had a m/cycle accident. short version of injuries is dislocated elbow, fractured ulna and radius, thumb. theres a few other strains. im seeing a physio later in the week but know some members have referred to a melbourne (eastern suburbs?) physio who is also a lifter. hoping someone has his details for a referral/

cheers

jeff

yep...its not all bad. still have my legs and i'll be able to keep moving them even if its without weight.

Any chance anyone has recommendations for a Brisbane based physio who is knowledgeable about weight lifting? I've dislocated my shoulder and I don't have any faith in my current physio...

taxi driver changed lanes, failed to give way, no indication. i had nowhere to go. police attended (and later visited me in hospital which was good) and explained that the taxi driver was being recorded as at fault.

Find yourself a Clinical Exercise Physiologist, they are trained in exercise rehabilitation and would be just what you are after. You still want a physio (better assessment of the injury and provide great manual therapy) but these two should work together for best results and the exercise phys. is there to get you exercising.

i must admit i am very impressed with the physio my gp referred me to in my area. she knows i want to lift again as soon as is reasonable, and we're working towards that as well full ROM in the elbow of course.

already started rehab exercises. bunch of movements for the wrist and hand, shoulder, and different stretches. i've still got a way to go to get full extension in the elbow but have started bicep curls with 500 gms and a lot of time out of the sling for the last couple of days. If it wasnt for the thumb i'd be able to do almost everything.

my previous experience with physios has been ultrasound and no identifiable plan for improvement but this seems different so far. is an exercise physiologist likely to add anything to this kind of treatment?

Last edited:
It sounds like you have a good physio at the moment, talk to her whether a exercise physiologist will be beneficial. If she helps you progress well in your rehab exercises you may not need one.

Taxi drivers, worst drivers on the road.

damn straight. i drive on the tullamarine freeway near the airport each day where there is taxi drivers galore and its not uncommon to see 1,2 or even 3 taxi drivers rammed up each other or someone elses arse on the side of the road. i saw one smack up the arse of another taxi driver the other day and they both just kept driving with broken tail lights and all!

+1 to find a physio that is a lifter.

My physio (in Perth) was a weight lifter and a wrestler. Its what makes his therapy for me so worthwhile, because he knows I want to lift, he works to make sure that happens.