• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squatting pretty wide

PowerBuilder

Fella's,

I"ve picked up on some pretty good lessons over the last week & a half from my coach & the more experienced guys & girls from my new weightlifting gym. Things such as foot position, generating speed, how to jerk right plus the 3rd pull for the snatch & clean (which is something i'm having a lot of trouble with).

My situation is this. I know that with a narrow stance, your able to generate more power. When doing a snatch i have my feet at hip width. In this example we'll say I start from the snatch hang position. I do the 2nd & 3rd pull as good as my current technique is. I'm finding that as I move into the recieving position of the snatch, my feet are quite wide, in terms of wider than what my normal back squat would be.

What could be causing this? Would it be more of a thing of being quite high in the learning curve of the actual life (in a formal sense), would it be a balance, flexability problem, or what?!

I would say you are trying to balance yourself during a fast move. Can't give you a real answer without seeing it but there are two reasons for having a wide stance 1 more support and balance 2 your torso is lower so the bar doesn't have to move as high on the way up.
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for that Dave. It's possibly a support / balance thing.

i'm hitting the gym in a few hours. I'm working on having a less wide stance. obviously a wider than the first / pulling stance is important...but too wide is possibly unhelpful