• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Total Beginner Seeks Guidance

Z

zammo

hi all , i have been reading up around this site for awhile now gaining some info , decided it was about time that i post up

I am 20,5ft 771kg bf wouldn't haven't have a like, I am an aspiring fitness freak. As a teen i was always relatively fit teen, taking part in sports like football,basketball,soccer and cycling daily . However over the last couple of years I have let things slip, spending a lot of time sitting around doing nothing (re: became lazy) and drinking alcohol.

I have seen the light and realised that it is time to change things up. I'm wanting to improve my overall lifestyle and hopefully slap on some muscle.
i brought myself a set of dumbells / barbells so i do have some muscle. However motivation is lacking when I can be bothered I'll pull out the weights and do a few reps. I have no real discipline, i need to work on that department.

i am hoping that will alll change as i have made the decision to change to my lifestyle. My first step was to fix my diet up as it was, I have cut out out a lot of fatty, processed foods, sweets, chocolate ..etc Getting the diet worked out is the hard part due to still living at home with the parents so usually rely on my mum's cooking, not that she is a bad cook with her meals normally makes health style meals but i don't really have a choice in the menu

I have incorporated cardio back into my daily routine, with 30mins of cycling each morning(bike path cycling) I've been doing this for around two weeks and must say that i do feel better about myself.

So what do you informative guys advise?
P.S Gym work is out of the question right now. I just live too damn far away

Last edited:
My diet, I'm eating alot of eggs for the protein.
Typical mornings breakfast consists of: Weetabix with skimmed milk or other mornings it might be two-three scrambled eggs on toast.

Lunch: Chicken and ham sandwich with a low fat crisp chips.
Dinner: depends on what mum cooks up , can be anything from pasta, chicken fillet and chips

in both your diet and training Consistency is the key.

training with the equipment that you have your barbell and dumbells you can still do a decent basic weight training workout,just throw in some cardio and you'll be right

Try to eat a clean diet consisting of 5-6 small meals a day , here is a list of things you should be eating:

protein: Chicken, eggs, fish (oily fish ) lean beef (steak) ham, Protein shakes
for

Carbs: wholemeal breads, pasta, sweet potato, rice, oats, wholemeal breakfast cereals!

and in the Veg department of the diet : pea's carrots mixed salads, broccolli, spinich, almonds, apples bananas, oranges etc

you said that your a barbell and dumbells andthat you do cardio , your off to a good start , not too sure if you have a bench if not get one and you'll be set

a routine that you could use

Monday - chest shoulders and triceps

3x10 press ups
3x10 bench press
3x10 dumbbell flyes

3x10 dumbbell shoulder press
3x10 front raises
3x10 side lat rasies

3x10 skull crushers
3x10 one arm dumbbell extension
3x10 close grip bench press

wednesday - legs, abs, forarms

3x10 barbell squats
3x10 dumbbell lunges
3x dumbbell calf rasies

3x50 sit ups

3x10 dumbbell wrist curls
3x barbell wrist curls

Friday - Back, traps biceps

3x10 bent over barbell row
3x10 deadlift
3x10 one arm dumbbell row
3x10 romanian deadlift

3x15 dumbbell shrug
3x15 barbell shrug

3x10 barbell reverse curl
3x10 dumbell curl
3x10 dumbbell hammer curl

with tuesday and thursday being rest days

thanks for the replies guys

On the non training days , could i do another 20 minute session of cardio? say once in the morning and then a second session in the evening?

Jjust stick to cardio in the morning, you dont want to be over doing it, get plenty of rest on your days off, it all takes time and patience