• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powercleans

L

-LJ-

If I have been training powercleans for a few months now and I'm really enjoying them.

However I have been starting in the wrong position with the bar a few inches ahead of my shins. This resulted in me being off balance and made me want to tip forward. I now have the bar up against my shins in the starting position and I find, I am a lot more stable and the bar comes up nicely.

I was wondering for my height of 5'6" and weight of 75kg, what would be a good weight target I should set myself to lift. At the moment I am only doing 60kg.

I would also like to do full cleans, and by having the bar in the new position find it a lot better as I don't feel like tipping forward.

well done on repositioning the bar. My coach say's you can't be too rich, too famous or too over the bar. A body weight pc is a fantastic goal. Go for that for sure. In terms of a time frame it's hard to say since we.re all diffedrent. Au least set a date and work from there! I'm aiming for a bodyweight snatch by sept this year
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm 81kg and have cleaned 70kg. Aiming for bodyweight. :)

I would also like to do full cleans, and by having the bar in the new position find it a lot better as I don't feel like tipping forward.

I always get in the rack position (like in front squat at the top) at the end of my PC, as I bring my elbows & chest up.

I would not advice full cleans unless you want to compete as an Olympic weightlifter, otherwise save your knees from any unnecessary hammerings!

Fadi.

Anyone else find no one else does powercleans in your gym?

I will aim for 75kg powerclean then. Will try and do 65kg tomorrow.

I thought this vid was good.

[YOUTUBE]6TlbDQUWs0s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UlFZ-nWXxy0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

im the only person i have ever seen do any type of clean or lift from the floor in my gym anyway..

Dont forget
LEAN OVER THE BAR!!

i now go to two gyms. One of them is exclusively for weightlifters. So....everybody does cleans at one of those gyms! My other gym...i'm a lonely cowboy!!

If your having trouble with either the snatch or clean, start from the hang position, it'll make the transition to the next stage smoother. When you've become competent then start from the ground!!

if your training & Pc's are in your workout for some reason that you don't quite know...think about taking them out. Their taxing on your joints & other lifts could be as effective!!

One reason I do PC is that it just looks cool as few ppl do it! Other than me, at my gym I've only seen this hot athletic girl who does it. Fairly typical for a non-weightlifting gym.

Hello everyone.

I did 65kg today, a new personal best.

Tried 70kg but couldn't get it up. So I did some hang cleans with the 70kg (pulling up but not actually racking weight as too heavy).

I have a real problem though,

Everytime I do a heavy powerclean, eg. 60kg + I feel as though I want to faint. Is there any techniques I can use to stop this? Maybe I am taking too many deep breaths before?

mate you possibly weren't breathing right.

Before the lift, take a big...MASSIVE breath. Don't take a big breath & suck it in. That only looks good when your on the beach, your wearing your bathers & your lean as ****. Take a big breath push your stomach out...think about pushing your belly button towards the ground. This will allow enough pressure on your spine for balance as well as you to stay focused & alert to what you need to do!