• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Compression Tights - Helpful or Useless?

B

blakeimage

So i've been looking into the whole compression tight / skins thing. To get a pair of good quality tights, you'll normally pay $80+ which isnt such a problem.

Are these worth the purchase for the cooling, blood flow stimulation? Or are they merely just a garment which doesnt offer much when lifting heavy...

Ive seen a few folks wear them at the gym, and thought it'd be good to get a pair to wear under my shorts...

Any thoughts/experiences?

Blake.

They don't do everything they claim, but they are great chafe, temp and sweat distribution.

Just go to Big W and buy the Slazenger ones they sell. Half the price and do the same thing.

I have a couple of sets that have compression bands.Awesome to wear AFTER a hot shower after a workout or the next day if there is a bit of DOMS.
You look like a pufter if you wear them in the gym.Under your regular wear OK.
As your wear no way.

25 bucks at Lowes! I have a few pairs. When wearing my shorts, they don't get stuck on the skin. Def worth getting.

Would the top be bad for squatting due to slipperiness on your back?

I had a cheap compression top and had to take it off when I squat.

Under your regular wear Sir Dancelot!Under your regular wear boy!!

OK forgiven but might I suggest super gluing your shirt to your compression wear:cool:

I have several pairs, If i didnt wear them, i'd have no skin or hair on the inside of my legs, great for chafe....I simply need them.

They must have been pretty loose!

I say, rather than spending $100 on compression gear, spend $100 on food, it'll do more to help your recovery.

pretty damn tight, I suppose what I'm saying is you don't need to be fancy if it sound too good to be true it usually is.

Wicking sweat, chafing WTF - it's an exercise FFS.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have some short ones for olympic lifting. Only because it ensures the bar does not rub my leg, or get caught on my pants during a clean.

Hi Blake, I don't think they have a place in lifting heavy. If you want something to help you lift heavy get a squat suit / bench shirt.

I do however find them useful for aerobic exercise and have some full length pants and tights myself. There is actulaly some sound science behind them for some things!

I'm sure Kyle will agree tights are good in the Army when you go walking around carrying 40+ kg for the entire day in the sun with a week between showers.

The chafe, it burns!