• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

High Calorie Shake!

B

blakeimage

So..

I wouldn't say its Tasty... Infact, its pretty damn discusting - but i'm experimenting so thought i'd share it anyway ;)

1x scoop WPC (30g)
2x scoops oatmass (60g)
1 cup frozen rasberries
400ml Low fat Milk
2 Tablespoons Milo (I think this contributes to the shit taste..)
2x Raw Eggs
1x Banana

Blend er' up and away you go!

looks good to me
i dont do raw eggs though - personal preference

why go for low fat milk if you're looking for high cals?

could add natural peanut butter for more calories too

Milo and raspberries..noooooooooooooooooooo

Instead of raspberries, get the mixed berries esp black currents as they are high in antioxidants.

Sounds good mate, how many of those do you down a day?

Here's my current mash up;
500mls full cream milk (315cal - 8g pro)
1 large banana (162cal - 2g pro)
1 cup of raw oats (300cal - ?pro)
30g wpi/wpc (118cal - 24g pro)
1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil (157cal - 0g pro)
2 handfulls of ice (The more ice, the better it is to drink)

Should end up with around 1L of liquid. Chase that with some peanut butter toast and you'll weigh more in no time.
Make sure you fill a cup, drink, blend, refill, drink, blend, refill, drink. This way, all the oats get devided into each cup, if you dont, you'd better get a spoon to finish the last cup ;p

total Cals = 1052
total pro = 34

Drinkability = 8.5/10
taste = 10/10

1-2 times a day
Enjoy!

Last edited:
300ml milk
big spoonful of peanut butter
2 scoops of protein (choc)
spoon of honey
1/2 cup oats
1 mango
plenty of ice

hmmmm going to have that on the weekend as part of a cheat...:)

So..

I wouldn't say its Tasty... Infact, its pretty damn discusting - but i'm experimenting so thought i'd share it anyway ;)

1x scoop WPC (30g)
2x scoops oatmass (60g)
1 cup frozen rasberries
400ml Low fat Milk
2 Tablespoons Milo (I think this contributes to the shit taste..)
2x Raw Eggs
1x Banana

Blend er' up and away you go!

This is pretty much exactly what i have every day minus the raspberries and bannana and one of the eggs. I really have no problem with raw eggs, if anything they make the shake a nicer consistency? I try to eat a bannana after the shake as i don't like drinking more then half a litre worth of a shake at once since i tend to down it in 10-15 seconds typically because i don't like the texture of milk shakes in general. I also don't bother with milo as i flavour my wpc but good to see someone else with similar ideas :D

800g beef or chicken mince
1 kg frozen veg
Big can kidney beans
Brown the mince, add the veg and beans and water, bring to boil, chuck in blender, good for a weeks worth of second breakfasts.

800g beef or chicken mince
1 kg frozen veg
Big can kidney beans
Brown the mince, add the veg and beans and water, bring to boil, chuck in blender, good for a weeks worth of second breakfasts.

I think I just spewed a little lol.
Good on you, I don't think I could bring my self to even try that one.......... At least not sober:D
Posted via Mobile Device

I use 1 scoop of WPC and 3 scoops powdered milk, tastes OK. Not sure on exactly how many cals but its cheaper using powdered milk than normal stuff.

I use 1 scoop of WPC and 3 scoops powdered milk, tastes OK. Not sure on exactly how many cals but its cheaper using powdered milk than normal stuff.

That's a high cal shake how? Lol

On another note, you know how you get all that RDI crap on the back of boxes? Well that's based on a AVERAGE persons diet of 8700kj per day. One of my shakes is 4400kj's, apparently 2 of these is all I need haha.

Side note. I aim for 4000 cals a day currently @ 80kg.
Posted via Mobile Device

Every morning I have;

350ml full cream milk
1 banana
1/3 cup oats
1 scoop WPC (chocolate)

Might add some more stuff when I start hitting the weights.

This morning:

400ml apple juice
30g Oatmuscle
30g WPI
30g Pitted prunes
1 egg
20ml macadamia oil
20ml coconut oil (taken seperately)
1000mg DHA oil (taken seperately)
200mg EPA oil (taken seperately)
1320mg Cetyl myristoleate fatty acid (taken seperately)
Plus other things...

Next time I'd have to add some apricot oil, it has a taste to kill for!

Taste: 10/10
Texture: Ultra smooth
Smell: Nougat
Calories: High!
My Joints: Just love being showered by all these wonderful lubricants.

If you need some more easy calories just top up with some flax :)

I've written about this "miracle" oil before and would advice anyone who values their health to stay away from it. I've taken it before buying it directly from a most famous factory here in Australia. I thought I was having a wonderful product until the day I actually received a bottle that was not off!

Basically what I'm saying here is that this oil is so high in PUFA that it's nearly impossible to insure the consumer (you and I) receive it before it has already gone off/oxidised/gone rancid/became cancer causing! I don't have to tell anyone here about how the inflammatory mechanism works within our bodies. This oil instead of putting out the fire of inflammation, it actually exasperate the problem many times over, causing joint pain and other more serious side effects. It's the least stable of all known oils and that's a fact!

If I ask anyone here about the reason they would take flaxseed oil, most likely the answer would invariably be the same: “omega 3 fatty acids of course, the EPA and the DHA". Well I'm here to inform you that this oil is very low in omega 3 when it comes to the real world effects versus what we see on paper. This oil is very high in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which if we live in a perfect world, would happily convert itself to the most needed eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).

Everyone here knows by now that I'm not a great fan of EPA either, so no fish oil capsules for me thank you very much...I like my immune system too much to suppress it with such an unbalanced amount of EPA to DHA.

I have also read about some negative effects emanating through some estrogenic hormone effects but can’t really place them so I wont be talking about this subject now.

I just realised that I've turned this simple thread into a more complicated one which means it's time to put the breaks on now.

DHA for Hearts and Minds: DHA FOR HEARTS AND MINDS

DHA, Krill Oil & Green-Lipped Mussel – Which is Best?
Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements | Health Articles | DHA, Krill Oil & Green-Lipped Mussel – Which is Best?

Can adults adequately convert alpha-linolenic acid... [Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1998] - PubMed result

The use of n-3 PUFAs (fish oil) in enteral nutriti... [Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1995] - PubMed result

Fadi.

Last edited:
What I feel like right now is:

2 packs of van muscle milk
400ml full fat milk
heaps of ice cream
ice
choc topping
banana
heaps and heaps of peanut butter

Ahhh bloody dieting lol.

Fadi where do you get there from:

20ml macadamia oil - I just get mine from coles.
20ml coconut oil (taken seperately)
1000mg DHA oil (taken seperately)
200mg EPA oil (taken seperately)
1320mg Cetyl myristoleate fatty acid (taken seperately)

Wouldn't mind having a crack at the other stuff.

Geeze Fadi, your killing me, now I can't have flax :p

How can they be allowed to sell it if it's not safe though?
Posted via Mobile Device

Geeze Fadi, your killing me, now I can't have flax :p

How can they be allowed to sell it if it's not safe though?
Posted via Mobile Device

Who is the “they” you're referring to here Sticky? Look, even if it is the government itself, then I’m sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but you Sticky have to look after #1 my friend because no government body or any other individual who has a vested interest in making more profit this year than they’ve made the year before is going to give a damn about your health.

If we want to go down the road of how can “they” (whoever “they” stand for) allow such and such to be sold; I ask you, is there still polyunsaturated margarine sold in your supermarket fridges? The answer is yes of course. Now take one of these tubs, open it and place it over your head! Sticky’s head, face, shoulders, and the floor he’s standing on should be showered with fully running oil now; but is it? Notice I used the word “should” in my last sentence because that’s what a polyunsaturated oil should do when its container has been tipped over. Polyunsaturated oil should be liquid but is it Sticky? No! Because “they” have added hydrogen atoms where the “unsaturated” gaps were and hence now made them saturated…but “they” are still calling it polyunsaturated oil and the other “they” are allowing them to do so.

If all that was not bad enough; sad enough, disgusting enough for you Sir, then let me give you the cream de la cream in the ultimate (and unethical) deception and that is the heart health tick of approval given by the heart foundation who should know better…do know but “they” pay $$$ where Sticky is just a #!

Most all (say 95%) of oils on the markets’ shelves are off! You read that right. People here might think I'm exaggerating by using the word off but please allow me to inform each and everyone here who cares about their health that I would be exaggerating if I did not use the word off!

What I'm saying here is not new but rather very very old news, as old as those cancer causing oils have been manufactured and sold to the ignorant public.

I know, some of you may be thinking Fadi has just gone mad! I can assure you I have not. Without solvents and deodorants you would not be able to smell let alone consume this off oils. Which oils am I talking about? Nearly all except the cold pressed, extra virgin, undeodorised, unrefined, etc. That means most if not all your canola (macular degenerating eye blinding rubbish) of oils, your sunflower, safflower, and that "wonderful" corn oil. I think I'll stop here before we end up with an article on the "You've been lied to..." type of subjects.

The oils that I use are these Sticky:

. Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (I do have 14 olive trees)!
. Cold pressed extra virgin, unrefined in any way coconut oil (no coconut trees here) :D! This magic oil is about 92% saturated fat of which 50% comes in the way of lauric acid, ah if only you knew the benefits here sticky you would not even be uttering the word flaxseed anything ever again! Talk about a fat that helps you to lose fat!!! Mmmm, now have I got your attention?! Can you tell I love the stuff?!
. DHA oil with a very small percentage of EPA. It’s a 5:1 ratio in fact.
. Almonds (the most alkaline of all nuts) and that’s a subject/article I’m working on right now for you guys.
. Dark chocolate (coca butter) which has 50% stearic acid which then converts to oleic acid.
. Eggs of course for their mighty cholesterol!
. Cold pressed extra virgin Avocado oil
. Cold pressed extra virgin macadamia oil from Down Under Australia (we’re very lucky/blessed here indeed)!

Okay, I’m getting carried away here so the breaks are back on for now…

http://www.springerlink.com/content/m62hg7378118433j/

http://www.springerlink.com/content/m57v7751713117r3/

http://www.abc.net.au/dimensions/dimensions_health/Transcripts/s927458.htm

http://www.coconut-connections.com/lauric_acid.htm

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

Just so you know...
http://www.amazon.com/Coconut-Miracle-Previously-published-Healing/dp/1583332049#reader_1583332049

Fadi.

Wo, lots of info in that one.

I hope you didn't think I was having a go at you in my last post Fadi, it was a bit of a joke.
Posted via Mobile Device