• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Possible nerve damage in neck, sharp headaches.

Spewbucket

So I did 20 rep squats last Thursday, and finished up with a nasty headache. After resting and then completing my workout the headache was bearable. I went home and had a feed / shower and was fine. Woke up Friday morning and went to go for a walk. By the time I had warmed up and got moving at a decent pace the headache flared up again.

Since Friday morning, any time I exert myself (Even to the point where all I am doing is moving furniture around), the headahces flare up. They are sharp pains, and usually go away with a couple of nurofen and a lie down.

I have been to the GP who reckons its just some nerve damage and to rest up and take some nurofen if it gets bad, but I thought the pain should be lessening by now.

I am taking myself back to the doctor tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this sort of injury? Pretty freaked out to be honest.

I had my form checked on Saturday when I tried to goto the gym and got through about 10 squats before it flared again, and had to come home. But apparently I was doing nothing wrong.

I have noticed that if I look upwards, I get a bit of a headache. Are you looking up at all or keeping your head straight ahead/slightly down?

I was looking directly at myself in the far mirror thinking 'how the **** am i going to finish this'

It only happened after the 20 reppers, never had it on normal 3x5's

i know you said form was fine.....but just check where the bar is sitting, i had the same problem with bad headaches while squatting and benching....turned out i had to bar too high up near my neck and it was putting prressure on my neck when going deep in the squat. bar should be lower than this. not putting pressure on neck.

How low?

Message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen it to at least 10 characters

Pretty sure it's low enough. I'll get some pics tonight of how far down I've got it. Could my lack of breathing do it? Like if I'm not breathing enough I wouldn have busted something?

I would personally go to the physio. I use to get really bad headaches from moving and it was because I had tension in my back.

I'm off to the Physio on Wed. The headaches are still occurring, but have lessened a bit. Last time I had this it lasted 2 weeks. It is not cool.