• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

sweat and cardio

M

MissKelly

This is a question about cardio and sweating

I read an article the other that says you can't measure your workout by the amount of sweat that you create during cardio exercise.

So in others words, I guess the article is just saying just because you're not sweating, doesn't mean you're not doing a good cardio exercise...

IS the article right ? what do you think?

Fat burning starts happening at around 130 bpm. From what I've experienced, this is extremely slow, and after 20 minutes of it, I haven't broken a sweat.

Sweat is just there to cool the body down. Sweat isn't fat or anything. The fat is used to give you energy during a workout. So even if you're not sweating, you're still using energy to walk/run along.

And hell, if it's a cold day, I can do a 30 minute jog without sweating.

You just can't use your sweat level as any type of faithful indicator. Yet many people do. They feel unless they're standing in pools of sweat they've wasted their time

as cruxis said , sweat is just a natural body cooler

thanks all.for clearing that up for me
you girls and guy are great!

Agree with all above. But I have to admit, if i'm diong a cardio workout, I like to be absolutely drenched in sweat, so I look like I've just jumped in the surf or a pool.

I find when I have these big sweat sessions (although I hate feeling sweaty) I feel more refreshed for the rest of the day and more often than not, the next day too.

Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal and stay healthy.
Sweat carries toxins out of the body and pushes it through the pores.

Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal and stay healthy.
Sweat carries toxins out of the body and pushes it through the pores.

It's also water, so make sure you stay hydrated, but drinking more water then what you;re sweating out.