• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

UDL handles, what are people using??

Gilly

I don't do UDL's and want to

what are people using other than kettlebells to perform this movement?

Can you buy UDL handles somewhere under a different name as i can't find shit on the net.

Ideally i'd like something adjustable that i could just use my oly plates on. A set of bells is pretty exy and i'm sure i've seen one before that uses stacks of plates.

any help, links appreciated.

Cheapest and best option is a 64kg KB.

I made up one using my Rolling Thunder loading pin and a tricep pressdown handle. Got the weight to 130kg. Didnt feel as hard as the 64kg KB. Pulled it apart and we just use a KB.

I ended up making one this morning Markos

sounds pretty much the same as what you did. i used a sleeve off a china BB, bolted a eye nut on it and use a D shackle to attach the handle. The other half and I can both use it.

i'll get some pics. i haven't used it yet but the missus did after i made it and she hates them....

here's what i ended up with. if i use the straight bar it's tricky with 20kg plates as they contact your legs when you are fully uprights. with a seated row handle they are pretty good, can always add a length of chain or extra shackles to get the weight plates further from you, just make sure you stand on something taller to compensate so you still have the full range of motion.

for the record the boxes pictured are for illustration purposes only and are not what i will be using, i have 2x30cm milk crates.

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

i know this is old thread but i searched youtube typing udl to try get a video on how to do these as i dont know wat the are
anyone got any vids doing them?
might sound stupid but still getting to know all these names n shit for different exercises
cheers

IS that because the hands are much closer together markos or another reason?

I use a 50kg dumbell at the gym its all thats available.. But i dont do these as oftne as i would like..

I dont know, may be the way the weight hangs.

Simon and Kelly are doing them in the pic with 120kg, obviously the range of motion is less, but the weight is nearly double.

We just do more reps with the 64kg, the boxes are also taller now, so the ROM is pretty good

I use the AK 64kg monster.

The handle is lower than my feet. I thought your hands had to be AT LEAST level with the handle to be called a proper UDL.