• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help with a workout plan

C

chestnut

Ok so i read somewhere ages ago that every person should consult their doctor or whoever before doing excercises as every person has different needs depending on your age and body type etc...

Now i dunno if this is true or not but i really cbf going to the doctor etc and thought it would be easier here...

Basically i wanna lose some weight, but mainly in the gut and 'man boob' area haha, im not that fat, im happy with my arms and legs and pretty much everything else its just my gut and i wanna lose it!

So yeah what i want to know is what excercises are good for losing weight and toning this area? Jogging, Swimming, excercise bike, sit ups etc Also what foods should i be eating and how many meals a day? Also i dont really wanna go to the gym id rather do excercises that dont require gym.

Also if this helps im about 170cm tall and somewhere between 65 - 70kg

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i wanna get rid of this damn gut for summer(prolly too late now but meh)

Cheers

Generally if you arent worried about looking like a stick at the end of it you just need some decent cardio. Id recommend starting off slow if you haven't done anything for a long time.

Start with maybe 1-2 jogs a week and move it up to 3 x 30 minute runs a week. After a few weeks you should be able to do it without stopping and by the time 30mins is up you should feel like death, if you aren't destroyed by the end of it you aren't going hard enough. Try to take your bpm and get it up around 160+

Its not too late to get some visual improvements by summer, you just have to be consistant, you cant do this for a few weeks then stop and expect results, its got to be a week in week out effort. Your diet I can't really comment on as I dont know what/how much you eat.

You cant lose weight and tone (I hate this word) an area. When you lose weight you lose it from all over your body. Tone is a mythical word, basically you can lose/gain fat and lose/gain muscle. What people consider "toned" is usually when you have low fat and a decent amount of muscle.

Anyway good luck.