• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What type of Massage works best.

Spewbucket

Not sure where I should have posted this, but I have a question regarding massages.

I bought my weekly groceries yesterday (very clean and disciplined for once!) and on the back of the docket it has a buy 1 get one free token for a massage.

So I buy a half hour treatment at $45 and get a second half hour free (Normally $75).

I thought this was a good idea, and have decided I will give it a go.

My question is though, what is the best type of massage will work best for my sore muscles (not too sore mind you).

The massages available are:

Remedial massage
Deep tissue massage
Trigger point therapy
Swedish / Relaxation massage

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

go remedial or deep tissue. Deep tissue can be painful but it is the best at removing adhesions and knots and putting things back where they should be.

Not sure where I should have posted this, but I have a question regarding massages.

I bought my weekly groceries yesterday (very clean and disciplined for once!) and on the back of the docket it has a buy 1 get one free token for a massage.

So I buy a half hour treatment at $45 and get a second half hour free (Normally $75).

I thought this was a good idea, and have decided I will give it a go.

My question is though, what is the best type of massage will work best for my sore muscles (not too sore mind you).

The massages available are:

Remedial massage
Deep tissue massage
Trigger point therapy
Swedish / Relaxation massage

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Have you got any issues?
If not save your money.

Only a little DOMS, but I plan to have a huge Saturday, and then go riding around the Boondall wetlands on Sunday, and have the coupon and the cash and just felt like it.

Never had one before.

:(

Haha a few people have said that. I figure I'll keep getting my groceries at coles and use the vouchers time and time again.

yeah deep tissue massages are the way to go. 3months in and i feel more relaxed now after each one. No more knots and tense back/traps. It does hurt lol.. but no pain no gain :D

Only problem now is as long as u keep training the muscles will continue to knot/tense up. But as they say u take the good with the bad. My therapist now says her fingers get a workout everytime she does work on me LOL.. The other office workers are all lanky runners/joggers and dont she doesnt have to work so hard. i feel sorry for her half the time.. Shes like a petite 50kgs and trying to exert some major force.

another thread.
http://ausbb.com/injuries-rehab/10017-deep-tissue-massages.html

Last edited:
I like deep tissue and trigger point.

But dont do it for doms. As Andy said unless you have a minor issue somewhere or just like spending money I wouldn't bother.

Having said that I try and get a massage once a month.

That will be once a day on my upcoming Thailand trip :)

I get a deep tissue 1h session once a month from my gym which costs $67. Good service, but it's a bit costly. That's a lot more than what I pay for my monthly gym membership. Is that about the average price or I'm paying too much?

That will be once a day on my upcoming Thailand trip :)
Happy ending sir? ;)

I'm heading to Phuket in March so will definately be lining up for a few massages too (not the happy ending ones). I love a deep tissue massage but also enjoy the therapeutic. I've actually got a massage table at home and my wife and I have both done courses on therapeutic massage so know what to do.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Mike

I had my monthly deep tissue massage session yesterday. Today I got something unexpected: I suddenly can get my elbows up to shoulder level for powerclean and front squat!

As a former (that is still licensed but not practicing massage therapist) I can say they all work to one degree or another and it greatly depends on what you need.
Remedial massage
Deep tissue massage
Trigger point therapy
All great but the practitioner makes all the difference.

Swedish / Relaxation massage is basically that.Good for everyday stiffness and mild aches and pains.Again a good practitioner can make it work better.

Rockclimbing, for sure...

Thai massages are sooooooo good, it only cost us $4 AUD for a 1 hr one in Chiang Mai!

On the islands it can cost up to $8-10 AUD.