• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice please

gtrb26dett

Well I'm sure everyone is well aware of my mad working schedule. Anyway I have decided not to go to marko's pt session until I can eat healthy and do small work outs for a month. Then after I have been able to stick to that I will start going to the pt sessions as I think it will be a waste of time if I don't change the above.

Well todays eating was as followed and I will try do the same for the whole month

Brekkie - special K
Snacks included - vita biscuits with chicken, fruit, (also had four squares of chocolate) sorry I can not just completely change it in one day
lunch - grain bread with cheese and chicken
Dinner - lamb chops with potatoe salad

Now I know it not that good but its a lot better then what I usually have.

I thought just before I go to bed I can do the following
sit ups
push ups
squats

Now I don't have weights so I just have to go with my body weight. Quick questions how many reps should I do? What should I aim for? What can I do that works your bat flaps under your arms? I will do the following exercises in my bedroom

try some dips possibly... or if your up for it. you tube how to do a burpee, thats a great workout for most of the body parts. you can do them at your own physical limits. and you just do as many as you can in a space of time. take a short break and then do it all again :) good idea with getting ready for the pt lessons but just a heads up, if you find your not improving much on your own, a pt (especially like markos) will start you off with a beginners program designed to get you into a good routine.

as for your diet it seems alright, if your gonna eat chops try and not eat too much of the fat. and the potato salad at night is quite starchy, and im guessing had mayo in it. foods like that are probably best off during the day so you can metabolise more of it. try maby having your crackers with chicken for dinner, and then just before bed some cottage cheese, should keep your belly happy till the next morning :) best of luck and congrats on getting on the path to fitness

Any chance you can change that breakfast to rolled oats? If not then maybe weatbix? I used to work for Kellogg and from memory all their breakfast cereals were low nutritional value and overweight sugar and salt. Like JMan says, I'd watch out for Potato salads or anything with a lot of mayo in them like that.

Just a thought...

As for the Nanna Bingo Arms, try doing bench dips. You can do these in your bedroom by getting a nice stable chair, sit on it then put your feet on the bed so they just reach. Then hold onto the front of the chair with your hands beside you then walk your feet forward further onto the mattress and then try and do some dips. Again, google will show you the form if you need it.

Nanna bingo arms is mostly flabby triceps so anything to work the tris would be good. Pushups is more chest than tris but will help. Squats for quadraceps and situps for abdominals. Some stiff leg deadlifts with bodyweight only is also a good idea. Down to you touch the ground in front, then all the way back up trying to keep your legs straight. If its too easy go with a light weight like a bag of rice or potatos.

Cheers,
Mike

Master each new habit every month.

1. 4 ltes of water every day
2. Eat protien for breakfast
3. Add fish oil, progressively add till your pooh is runny then back off until normal
4. lift twice a week
5. Eliminate grains
6. Add hill sprints once a week

like training, the amonut of food you eat also needs to be progressive.