• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

back of head sore!

alex

during bench tonight i feel like a was getting a massive migrain at the back of my head. now it feels like the worst migrain ever at the back of my head. has anyone else experienced this??

I have experienced plenty of migraines since my teens and I think I only just found my trigger which is dehydration. Wouldnt wish a full migraine on anyone, tunnel vision and vomiting, severe pain are the worst symptoms.
I have not experienced any headaches during my lifts though.
Hows your breathing? I could imagine that holding your breath and exerting stresses onto your body during the press would increase the pressure inside you which may be a trigger?

I've had the same thing when running with high intensity, I do feel mine could have been dehydration and I did make sure I went on to drink about 3L over the rest of day. I was very worried due to the severity of the pain that I had something else going on up there. Since then (it was two weeks ago) I have been right on top of my hydration during this heat and haven't experienced it again. I usually am good with hydration but it happened while I was on holiday.

happened again tonight when i was benching. was fine then all of a sudden an ache at the back of my head. i got no idea whats going on. im wel hydrated, slow controlled lifts, just no idea!!

My chiropractor loosened me in ways I never thought possible and got rid of allot of shoulder pain that I had. Maybe your neck/back is out etc causing something more to go on when lifting in that position...

All that a side I would honestly go to the doctor/chiro to be certain.

I dont get pain in the back of my head from hard exercise, but I do get an aching sensation through my jaw particularly towards where my wisdom teeth are (and the teeth are not whats causing the problem).

happened again tonight when i was benching. was fine then all of a sudden an ache at the back of my head. i got no idea whats going on. im wel hydrated, slow controlled lifts, just no idea!!

How's your form mate? Is your neck relaxed and head resting softly on the bench or are you all tensed up all the way down the spine, gritting your teeth and arching forward as you press? If its anything approaching the latter there's a good chance you're tensing your neck through the rep which is triggering that pain in the receptors at the base of your skull.

I'm a migraine man too and these can get triggered from workouts but I think that's more of an overall muscular tension trigger coupled with dehydration than anything localised like you're describing.

*edit* just read "slow controlled lifts" which probably means you're just pinching something. Might need to see a physio/chiro or similar. *endedit*

Cheers,
Mike