• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Warm Moroccan-style lentil salad with salmon and vegetables

minithemeezer

Don't run away because I mentioned lentils! They are high in (incomplete) protein, non-haem iron, fibre, phosphorus, copper and folate among other things.

I've been working on this salad and am now pleased with it for a warm or cold lunch. Pre-soak the lentils the night before and the dish takes less than 20 minutes to get to the table.

Ingredients (one serve):

• 1/3 cup drained brown or Puy lentils (soak in a dish of 500ml cold water in the fridge overnight -- easy)
  • one to two cups of diced vegetables including carrot, broccoli, asparagus, peas, onion, spinach, spring onion, zucchini, capsicum or whatever's in the fridge and needs using
  • one heaped teaspoon Moroccan spices (the Masterfoods pre-packaged blend is fine, or else make a blend of cumin, coriander, sweet paprika, turmeric, chilli)
  • one salmon fillet
  • half a lemon
  • feta cheese (optional)
Method:

• Cook salmon using your preferred method, break into small pieces and set aside
  • On a low-med heat, stir fry vegetables in a small amount of olive oil, giving firm vegetables like carrot a minute or two first and add delicate vegetables such as zucchini and spinach at the last moment
  • When vegetables are almost soft, add spices to the pan and stir until aromatic (should not be more than 30 seconds)
  • Add lentils to pan and stir until water has evaporated from pan
  • Remove pan from heat and stir through salmon pieces
Serve in a large bowl with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and crumbled feta.

4298843261_c7b3837cc3_m.jpg

Double quantities for leftovers the next day, however, add only another 1/2 teaspoon of spices.

Variations:

• Use raw salad vegetables for a cold salad
  • Serve salmon separately and the salad as a side dish
  • I imagine shredded cooked chicken will be a tasty alternative to fish

Last edited:
Lentils should be prohibited on the account they taste like ass.
Great recipe though. :)

How did I miss the update to this thread?

Thank you pie, lentils and I love you too :D.

Shrek, you mean backside ass or four-legged donkey ass? Because I've never eaten donkey and can't compare its taste to lentils :p.

I missed your comment, Shrek. I could love someone who didn't love or like lentils, but I doubt I could love anyone who compares them with butt :).

I missed your comment, Shrek. I could love someone who didn't love or like lentils, but I doubt I could love anyone who compares them with butt :).
Damn, shot down in flames before ai even got to first base.
Are you sure you won't reconsider, oh Mini one?> ;)