• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Building Muscle - Beginner Help

M

mach

Hi everyoneI'm looking for a bit of help, Im 23yrs old, 6ft tall and about 110kg

I am wanting to build up the muscles in my upper body so i am here chasing after a weight routine worked out , i believe i am after something called a "split" is that right ? a routine to do every other day, as from what i have been told and read , that your muscles grow while at rest.

How would this split routine interfere if anything with my cardio workout out that i do everyday at the gym to try and lose weight. machines used for cardio are: x-trainer, rowing machine and a punching bag

by doing cardio work will I still build muscle in my upper body
Thanks

most people drop some fat when they start the weight training anyways...id do the muscle building first and do cardio at the end to strip away the fat

doing cardio on your days of your routine shouldn't interfere too much
try and keep a 'clean' diet

What do you mean by 'clean' diet I havent heard that outside these forums. Do you mean healthy? Or is it something more in depth?

um... anyway about the original quesion... Weights are good try doing them before the cardio. If weight lose is the goal that will help not sure what the impact would be if you were trying for max muscle gain im still a little unsure about that.