• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nando's Chicken Steak

Ben

Anyone know how to make it/something similar?

I have been addicted to these things lately, but at $10 a pop it's costing me a fortune...

Nothing in it Shrek.

It's just a piece of breast chicken, but I want to know exactly how it's cooked and what marinade/seasonings they use.

It's delicious.

Do yourself a favour and try one for tea tomorrow night ;)

You buy the sauce , marinade in Coles or Woolworths, Perri Perri Portugese BBQ is what i use, marinate the chicken 1-2 hours prior or when i do my bulk breart freeze i marinate al the breasts at once.
AZZA

You buy the sauce , marinade in Coles or Woolworths, Perri Perri Portugese BBQ is what i use, marinate the chicken 1-2 hours prior or when i do my bulk breart freeze i marinate al the breasts at once.
AZZA

Good idea, thanks.

How do you cook yours up?

Just in the skillet or on the barbie, also you can use flat based sandwhich makers, i use ours to do eggs, bacon etc.
AZZA

god i'd die if i couldn't eat the yummy nando's sauce. it makes eating clean fun! don't worry too much about the nutritional value. it's so low in carbs that it almost doesn't matter.

Finally a thread about this amazing dinner! Usually when I go out I'm a bit iffy about what they put in the food. But i love this cause it's so simple and clean, you know exactly what's in it and it tastes great.

Gareer

Finally a thread about this amazing dinner! Usually when I go out I'm a bit iffy about what they put in the food. But i love this cause it's so simple and clean, you know exactly what's in it and it tastes great.

Gareer

Last edited:
according to one of my friends, apparrently at nando's they actually boil the chicken first, before they grill it with the sauce/marinade.

Not entirely sure whether they do this just to cook the chicken faster, but it does help in keeping the chicken nice and juicy inside rather than getting too dry!

If I ever decide to cook this myself, I'm pretty lazy so I usually just chuck the sauce on the chicken breast, and put it straight on the pan :p

Sauce is available through Coles, Woollies and Safeway. I buy this all the time, Nando's Barbecue marinade, taste is the same as the chicken steak i had last year.

AZZA

Anyone know how to make it/something similar?

I have been addicted to these things lately, but at $10 a pop it's costing me a fortune...

Man I have been too the past few months. I crave for it now. Addictive to me now. As you said its expensive. One chicken is about $16.
They sell the marinate sauce for about $8. Should do two whole chickens or quite a few breasts!!

As someone said, buy the Peri Peri sauce and make it cheaper. Will try and let you know.

Mmmmm need some now!:p

I also found this recipe.

Enjoy!!

chicken with peri peri sauce

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon Angostura bitters
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
1 jalapeno pepper
2 garlic cloves
1 lb chicken breasts

Combine the lime juice, vinegar, paprika, bitters and hot pepper sauce in a glass baking dish.
Wearing kitchen gloves, split the jalapeno pepper, remove seeds.
Mash the pepper with the garlic into a smooth paste using a mortar or an electric spice grinder.
Add the paste to the lime mixture in the baking dish and combine.
Toss the chicken pieces and swish them in the marinade until they are completely coated. Cover and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill or broil until cooked through and burnished, about 20 minutes on each side. Baste frequently with the marinade. If the chicken looks like it is beginning to burn, move it farther away from the heat source.
Serve hot with chilled orange sections and plenty of napkins.

What is it with people and Nandos? I've had a nandos burger once and was not impressed so maybe its just me... :/

I grew out of the burgers pretty quick, although I will never get sick of 1/2 chicken + rice!!!
Posted via Mobile Device