• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Left Shoulder slowly recovering..

P

PRiMaL

I had to stop doing compound exercises to address my left shoulder til I get a squat rack, good news is the 4 tablets per/day of glucosamine//chondroitin seems to be helping.. or it could be from giving my shoulders a break.

I can still do isolation exercises ok and have started doing arnold press at a lighter weight while recovering.

Got my shoulder press bench coming next week too which should finally address the problems I'v been having when getting to heavier military press weights since I believe my shoulder had been weakened since I had not been to gym for awhile due to my home gym which has no low back bench for shoulder work.

Today I actually went down to the park with my mate and some gymnastic rings which we attached on the swings bar, around an hour of messing around and had no shoulder pain at all apart from the odd crack noise but only when I did forward grip chinups, probably because the motion is close to the military press which started giving me the problems in the first place. My right shoulder has always been fine.

Any input is appreciated.

My right shoulder was giving me greif late last year. I layed off the presses for about 4-6 weeks and just started pressing again lightly and it feels better. Not confident to go heavy yet, just keeping the reps higher (10-12). Next week I may start to add on the weight.
Rest is the best.

Yeah I had been working out 5-6 days a week prior to aggravating mine. It all started when I went heavy on standing DB shoulder press because I got no bench for it. I'm just finally glad I'm sorting that out now, I shouldnt have waited til the last second though, I hope I havent made it a recurring thing >_<

i agree with the rest aspect but i feel glucosamine plays a good part in recovery too. i had a hip injury from running and after a good bit of rest (light jogs instead or long distance) and taking glucosamine it repaired itself quite nicely... i did something stupid the other day at work and felt a slight discomfort in the same hip so i went easy on my squatting and was back on glucosamine for 3 weeks and its back to normal once again. :) best of luck with the recovery and just take things slow