• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ultimate bench press, now with more core!

L

lazy

4qqxol.gif

This made me lol
2lo252c.gif

He really should have that dog treated for worms... and WTF is the go with that floor press?

i suppose its not a bad exercise. i saw it in an article on t-nation. they called it the bridge press. its a good article. lol at dog.

Bridge press is an advanced move done by Russian powerlifters.

The Russians perform the bench press like a supine push press. They figure if the feet HAVE to stay on the floor, you may as well initiate the lift from the floor.

They push hard with the feet like a push press, with tension rising through the body till it gets to the upper back.

The bridge press is an excellent assistance exercise if you press in this fashion.

The Russians do no assistance work till they can bench 140kg.....simply coz its not needed.

The bum simply "brushes" the bench, the arch is high, you are resting on your upper back and feet.

This builds little in the way of muscles and true pressing strength.

Like they say, they dont want to get stronger, they just want to bench more.

They generally have programs for either competetive or non competetive lifters, very different.