• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

You dont get stronger by quitting

PTC

Pretty special evening tonight.

For over a year Nick hasnt been able to increase his deadlift from 230kg.

He kept persisting, frustrated as others kept getting stronger on that lift. In my latest newsletter mailed out earlier today I said how nobody ever got stronger by quitting.

Recently 2 guys have simply stopped lifting at PTC out of frustration.

Nick was due to deadlift today. His last deadlift session last Wednesday was nuts, he pulled 180kg for 55 total reps. He has been doing 300kg rack pulls.

It all came together tonight. He deadlift 251kg, a 21kg increase, but it also now gives him an 876kg total, the highest total at PTC.

At BATB3 in September he totaled 800kg.

Nobody ever got stronger by quitting.

Well done Nick

Just out of interest what does Nick weigh? How long has he been lifting?

Inspirational. Amazing what determination can do.

Cheers

Aaron.

I think he has stated on here he weighed 78kg, started lifting for awhile doing gay stuff.

Joined PTC in March 2008 weighing 93kg, at the time he could squat 140kg, now he puts it over head.

He weighed 110kg tonight.

I think more mental than physical.

The guy he did them with weighs 82kg and deadlifts 245kg. Nick beat him.

He's always worried about his back.

This guy squats 210kg and deadlifts 251kg, cleans 127.5kg and jerks 140kg.

I wish I had a bad back like that.

He will pull 260kg at AD10

Cheers guys. Yeah it all paid off in the end. Mind you not hitting a deadlift PB since nov 2008 gave me the s hits.

Austy- I started training in early 2007, weighed 78kg and could barley bench 50kg. Now weighing 110kg.

Hey! I'm mid 80's these days and I struggle with just over 50kg! Give me 12 months though!

Bloody awesome to see.

Cheers,

Aaron.

Nice work Nick, that is a massive Deadlift. Chase down that 266kg to get the PTC record eh?

Nick has the total record, the OH record, is 2.5kg behind the clean record in second place, 5kg behind the squat record in second place and 15kg behind the deadlift record.

He is the 8th lifter to deadlift 250kg at PTC

Check out this post of mine from another forum

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:57 PM Chris, Nick and Alex just had a go at 1RM at bench. Chris got 95kg with Nick and Alex doing 100kg. They have just started deadlifting, Chris pulled 140kg and Alex did 130kg, Nick is nursing a sore back.

They also climbed the ladder twice on chins, all getting around 7-8 which is a really good effort with such a short rest period. They wore the Mr T on the second time round.

Check out the date, this was one month after he started, in an earlier post I said he weighed 90kg, so he has added 20kg in that time. I actually have a thread that pre dates PTC, I update it daily, brilliant for reference of when who did what, its 150 pages long I think lol

That's great, Nick, I am very impressed. What impresses me really is that it's all coming back from an injury. Lots of people just give up.

I know one guy who had a knee reconstruction, in earlier years he did gymnastics, kayaking, martial arts, was fit and strong. "That would be great to be able to do that now," he says, "but I don't care really." But I can see he does care, he refuses to even try now, though - I think he doesn't want to face finding it hard to do what it used to be easy to do.

Lots of people get injuries and then never do anything physical again. Nick works up and deadlifts a quarter-tonne.

Well done, mate. Well done.

For anyone that can deadlift, I hate you, I hate you all...
NPR: Seriously I can't wait a year but every time I try I get worse and recovery takes longer.

Nick couldnt deadlift at PTC on his first session because of back issues, he would only have been around 140kg anyway.

He has made adjustments to his technique, squatted with a high bar which has a high carryover for the deadlift, and trained hard.

While others have got to 250kg quicker and easier, none have enjoyed it as much.

We noticed that at knee level the bar would get away from him a little, causing his head to go forward. A switch to a mild sumo has corrected this, the bar runs up and down his legs now.

Hopefully no more injuries.