• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When to start question

L

lazy

Hi,

Lets say you had a son, at what age would you get him to start lifting?

probably around 13-14 for about 6months to a year, just so the foundation is laid for later down the track if he wanted to get serious. i would also have him play every sport i could take him to.

It seems to make sence to get them lifting and eating lots during puberty, great way to make full use of all the new hormones flooding the body

12. I used to do bicep curls in the garage with heavy bits of lead when I was 12, wish I knew more then I would have pressed them...ahhahahahahha

That would depend on the child.
Playing and running around - acting like a kid is important.
If my children were interested I would have used just bodyweight exercise.

One is obsessed, the other is not interested. Both girls.

Wait until he's got whiskers would be my advice.
Before he starts moving extra pig iron.